Downloads
    Uploads

E P Lowers' "Clear" 80% Lower

With all the new manufacturers making lowers now, here is something new that I haven't seen before. E P Lowers (Eight Percent Lowers) is coming out with a clear 80% lower, the EP80. At first I thought this was going to be strictly used as a visual aid and teaching tool, but apparently, it's going to be a functional lower. The lower is made out of some kind of polycarbonate. The company already makes 80% polymer lowers.

There aren't many details on this project, and it's not even listed on their website. Most of the updates are on their facebook page They have also hinted that a matching upper maybe in the works. The last update on 7-12-13 indicated a delay in the relase, stay tuned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that is interesting. Thanks for posting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Now that is interesting. Thanks for posting.
    For some strange reason I think it's interesting as well. Normally, I would just read over anything polymer in an AR15 lower. Anyone know how porous polycarbonate is? I'm guessing it would be pretty filthy after just a few rounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder how the end-user would finish it without affecting the clear appearance. Maybe that's why they have been delayed?

Still I think it's neat, especially for a dedicated .22lr. Super lightweight and something completely different for plinking at the range ...