Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lights!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking piece!

I had a streamlight setup, but flickering pos. Pissed me off , so down the road it went.

One of these has been on the list, as well as a few other Arisaka items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_9413.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  420.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOOh fancy new flashlight! Do tell!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    OOOh fancy new flashlight! Do tell!
    It's one of the more interesting things I saw at TRIGGRCON. Everything else was just something that was released already as it seems.

INFORCE is bringing online a premium line of aluminum lights. A few things I learned:

INFORCE is keeping the plastic lights as their legacy line

Aluminum lights will be affordable, and priced lower than the competition.

This one has a magnetic tape switch mount. 12lb pull, before it breaks off, but at least you can reattach.

I didn't recall the lumens, but it was competitive with what's already out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

This one has a magnetic tape switch mount. 12lb pull, before it breaks off, but at least you can reattach.
    So what does the tape switch mount attach to? Or does a ferrous piece mount to the rail like normal and then the tape switch "sticks" to the mount? Trying to figure out how a magnetic mount is helpful on an aluminum rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    So what does the tape switch mount attach to? Or does a ferrous piece mount to the rail like normal and then the tape switch "sticks" to the mount? Trying to figure out how a magnetic mount is helpful on an aluminum rail.
    I'm thinking the tape switch connection to the light is magnetic, so if you snag the cord it will release rather than break.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    I'm thinking the tape switch connection to the light is magnetic, so if you snag the cord it will release rather than break.
    Like the Apple Magsafe connection? That's actually an interesting idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    Bingo. The thought being that if you didn't have a dual switch SF tail cap... if your tape is broken the light is out of the fight. This will allow you the chance to plug it back in.

Magnetic side.

Name:  IMG_9414.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  207.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    The magnetic tape switch is cool. At first I thought 12lbs seemed low but I think now that's probably a pretty good amount.

I've been waiting for this one to come out. Price seems good.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but have one quick question. Since I'm not using any of my weapons as a "duty weapon" (read old and retired) I've only got two rifles that have lights. Both Inforce (polymer). I've been dragging my feet for a few years, about checking out a high quality set-up. These two would only be a go to if someone was in the house (or the perimeter) being an enclosed condo unit.

On the really small chance this could happen, would you make the decision to upgrade, or not? I suppose mine are fine, but, I've never had a chance or reason to check them out. I can absolutely see the value in having one on a duty weapon, but as a civilian living in a Condo Complex? Thanks much.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but have one quick question. Since I'm not using any of my weapons as a "duty weapon" (read old and retired) I've only got two rifles that have lights. Both Inforce (polymer). I've been dragging my feet for a few years, about checking out a high quality set-up. These two would only be a go to if someone was in the house (or the perimeter) being an enclosed condo unit.

On the really small chance this could happen, would you make the decision to upgrade, or not? I suppose mine are fine, but, I've never had a chance or reason to check them out. I can absolutely see the value in having one on a duty weapon, but as a civilian living in a Condo Complex? Thanks much.

FT
    If what you have is working, I'd just keep fresh batteries in it and keep running it.

If you want the best on the market currently, I'd go get a Modlite. Or more budget option, get the Arisaka.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks UW. My current ones aren't eating much, and I rarely take them out to check the batteries. I suppose they're tough enough for my needs and possible scenarios, and keep the money in my pocket.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  447.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads