Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmy300blkbrass View Post
    How well does the fde match the magpul fde? Thinking about putting one on my rifle what y'all think or change to black furniture?
    Cerakote? Who did the work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll see if I can't take a picture tomorrow (hopefully no rain - the light inside this house is crappy) with the FDE stock next to some magpul FDE parts.

on the SBR below the grip and mag are magpul FDE, the grip panels are LaRue's FDE, the rifle itself is factory cerakoted by LWRC, and the stock is the FDE LWRC compact stock - the lighting wasn't the best the day I took those pics, so on some pics the colors look very closely matched, on others not so much:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Cerakote? Who did the work?
    A local guy close to me called Blue Panda Arms

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've decided I'm changing the furniture to black can't decide if I want
    https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ult...act-stock.aspx
    Or this
    https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-compact-stock.aspx
    I'm worried about changing the buffer, spring from what I have now because it runs 100% as its set up now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmy300blkbrass View Post
    I've decided I'm changing the furniture to black can't decide if I want
    Or this
    https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-compact-stock.aspx
    I'm worried about changing the buffer, spring from what I have now because it runs 100% as its set up now.
    What's wrong with the FDE furniture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go with the regular compact. It is pretty short.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing was wrong with the fde the acog was the only thing that was black so I figured add some more and yes I'm glad I went with the regular compact stock its tiny and so much more comfortable than the magpul moe or ctr stock.
    Sorry got the crappy pic

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone cares they've also released the ultra compact stock, buffer, and tube assembly:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    If anyone cares they've also released the ultra compact stock, buffer, and tube assembly:
    Interesting... I wonder what configurations they've tested these on? I usually shoot with the stock completely collapsed, so saving some length is very appealing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what Darren, their CEO, had to say about it a while back:
    Quote Originally Posted by Announcement
    Update - We have fired the Ultra Compact stock with buffer spring and tube on a DI gun and it works like butter. There are still many unknowns as far as using a DI gun and a suppressor, but it should work fine as the buffer is an identical weight to the standard H buffer, the carrier length of travel is identical to that of an M4 which was accomplished with a shorter buffer and a flat wire spring. We are shooting it on a DI SBR today, and should have it up the first of the week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    Here's what Darren, their CEO, had to say about it a while back:
    This is about the only LWRC product I've ever been interested in. Anyone see a review of it anywhere?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My LWRC UCIW works great with it, but the ultra compact setup was made for it. I haven't gotten a chance to put a DI upper on the lower and see how it works. I really wish I had A) the time to go shooting more and B) access to a decent range around here.

The one thing I don't have is the ultra compact stock itself, as my UCIW shipped with a CAR style stock and I replaced it with a IMOD and now with the LWRC Compact stock.

I have some pictures of the internals, although not directly compared to standard items. I will take some pictures comparing both soon. For now, the pictures I do have:

BCG with Buffer and Spring

Flat-wire spring and shortened buffer

Marking on the front of the buffer "R2"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pic comparing the Compact stock with the Ultra-Compact stock:

Picture from user Leonidas on LWRCI's forum:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got some pictures. Apologies for noisiness due to low light / high ISO in them, as I don't have a nice lighting setup since I've been concentrating on landscape photography.

Here goes:

Comparison of receiver extensions. Top is ultra compact assembly, bottom is LWRCI's milspec offering.

Comparison of the Compact (note: not the ultra compact) stock vs. VLTOR's IMOD.

Comparison of springs and buffers. Top is ultra compact assembly with flat wire spring and shortened R2 buffer, bottom is LWRCI's milspec spring and H2 buffer. 5.56 round for scale.

Closeup of how the receiver extension is different than the regular milspec one at the threads, completely surrounding the buffer retainer entirely.

Hopefully this is of help.

Next time I get to a range I will see about putting both my centurion arms MK18 upper on the UCIW lower as well as a 16" midlength upper on it and see how it runs. It may be a while until that happens, as work is crazy and I don't have access to a decent range around here most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads