Downloads
    Uploads

87 Industries "PinBlock"

From 87 Industries, ever want to pin your own gas block without having to go to a professional gunsmith? Here is a solution called the PinBlock. I have to say, I really like the premise of this product, and doesn't cost much more than a standard gas block:

When building rifles, pinned gas blocks are definitely the way to go, but not everyone has access to a drill press or fixtures required to do it right. With the PinBlock, practically anyone with a die-hard fixation on reliability can pin a gas block with as little as a hand drill.*

*Proper tools & fixtures are recommended, as is seeking the support of qualified gunsmiths.

What's Included:

•Black Grooved Dowel Pin
    •Cobalt Drill Bit
    •Vibration-Resistant Set Screw
    •Red Loctite
    •Gas Tube Roll Pin
    •Extended Allen Key
    •Intense feelings of satisfaction from doing things like a boss

Features & Benefits:

Simplicity

Grooved Dowel Pins fit tightly without reaming, so you can install your PinBlock with less hassle. And they're plated black too, because we can.

Durability

Knurled Set Screws bite into the barrel for vibration resistance, and Loctite 262 (included) further insures that everything stays put. Critical dimensions are checked multiple times throughout manufacture and again before packaging. Noncritical dimensions are laughed at, and picked last for kickball.

Ease of Installation

With the Cobalt Drill Bit and dimpled pilot feature, pinning your barrel has never been easier.

Compatibility

The profile of the gas block has been optimized to fit within the widest variety of free-floated handguards and works for .223, .308, and most anything else under the sun.

Intent

The PinBlock was designed to be installed with the barest minimum of tools and resources. Think 'bunker scene' from Terminator. Hopefully you won't ever be in that position, wrenching rifles together for the resistance by candle-light, but if you do... we're here for you.

Product Specs:

Weight: 1.5 Ounces
    Material: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
    Diameter: .750"

Price: $64.95

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting! I'd like to give this a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the introduction!

I've heard Design defined as "moving things toward their preferred state", and that exactly what we set out to do with the PinBlock. I put everything I had into making this the best piece of hardware possible.

I would love to get some feedback, but in the meanwhile please enjoy some coupon codes!

Free shipping to the first 5 people coming from WeaponEvolution, just use the code: Evolved
    Last edited by 87 Industries; 30 July 2013 at 22:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 Industries View Post
    Thanks for the introduction!

I've heard Design defined as "moving things toward their preferred state", and that exactly what we set out to do with the PinBlock. I put everything I had into making this the best piece of hardware possible.

I would love to get some feedback, but in the meanwhile please enjoy some coupon codes!

Free shipping to the first 5 people coming from WeaponEvolution, just use the code: Evolved
    Thanks for posting. That looks like you have a great product, and I may have to try one out, the next time I want to pin my gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just made a video showing what's included. I should have more clips up soon with assembly instructions. It's so easy with this kit.

Link.

We've got a bunch of other high-reliability parts in the pipeline that we hope to release shortly, so share it if you like it!

Facebook for discussion
    Twitter for news
    Instagram for pics

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just made a video showing what's included. I should have more clips up soon with assembly instructions. It's so easy with this kit.

Youtube Link.

We've got a bunch of other high-reliability parts in the pipeline that we hope to release shortly, so share it if you like it!

Facebook for discussion
    Twitter for news
    Instagram for pics

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier Arms is now a stocking dealer for the pinblock. Check it out here

Video previously posted by 87 Industries: