Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: MilSurp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    MilSurp

    Well, it's Monday. What better way than to start it off with some MilSurp.



    Shoutout to the most dstrb'ed of medics; he may in fact like MilSurp more than myself.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,419
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Well, it's Monday. What better way than to start it off with some MilSurp.



    Shoutout to the most dstrb'ed of medics; he may in fact like MilSurp more than myself.
    Probably that's because that's all you two can afford.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,398
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quick and dirty of my previously posted WWII Garand. By the way, Thompson, Feb '43 receiver, Oct '43 barrel. Never got back to you on that...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,675
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Meh. Not my cup of tea...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Third World State of MI
    Posts
    1,743
    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Meh. Not my cup of tea...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't be stealing my saying. Get your own. And the Garand is a sexy weapon.

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Probably that's because that's all you two can afford.
    .... lunch money only goes so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    By the way, Thompson, Feb '43 receiver, Oct '43 barrel. Never got back to you on that...
    All good. Hmm, I'm not sure for that large of a date separation. I believe a couple months difference between barrel and receiver date would be considered "correct,"
    not sure about that far apart. I'll get back to you on that.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,371
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Nice garand!! Fun shooters grew up shooting the old mans...

    I've got a m44 myself...it's fun to break out every once in a while

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I've got a m44 myself...it's fun to break out every once in a while
    M44 is on my want list. Have had the 91/30 pictured above for a while now .... though, not sure which I want more, M44 or 91/59 ... leaning towards 91/59 to be honest.

    Had a line on a mint M44 a few weeks ago, messed up and lost my chance.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    And since we're on a Garand trend:
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,547
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    What's the requirement for MilSurp? Age?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,398
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    What's the requirement for MilSurp? Age?
    I'd argue something that was US or other govt property, so technically some ARs would be fair game. Although maybe it should be C&R, too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    What's the requirement for MilSurp? Age?
    Hmmm - good question, I never really thought of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'd argue something that was US or other govt property, so technically some ARs would be fair game. Although maybe it should be C&R, too.
    Me personally, I wouldn't just limit Milsurp to just US Property.

    gator - what AR's are you speaking of?

    Hmmm - I guess we could say nothing antique (ie: before 1900) and nothing after the 60's/70's or so.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,398
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post

    gator - what AR's are you speaking of?

    Hmmm - I guess we could say nothing antique (ie: before 1900) and nothing after the 60's/70's or so.
    That's why I said "other" governments, like Krags, Swiss, etc. But still, ultimately if it's "military surplus," then it should probably have belonged to a government at some point.

    As for ARs, there's plenty of "Property of US GOVERNMENT" stamped M16s, but they're not C&R yet, so that's why I clarified that maybe they should be C&R. I don't care either way, but just putting it out there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,771
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    That's why I said "other" governments, like Krags, Swiss, etc. But still, ultimately if it's "military surplus," then it should probably have belonged to a government at some point.

    As for ARs, there's plenty of "Property of US GOVERNMENT" stamped M16s, but they're not C&R yet, so that's why I clarified that maybe they should be C&R. I don't care either way, but just putting it out there.
    Ohh - my bad. Didn't even associate other with other countries. Was thinking other [US] govt property.

    And sure - valid point. I've got no qualms with that.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    81
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    These have appeared in other threads, but here are the guns older than my parents...

    '43 Inland Service Grade M1 Carbine


    CMP Special Grade M1D


    CMP Field Grade M1D


    Have a few others on my want list, and fortunately HH6 doesn't give me a hard time about vintage guns (well, not as much of a hard time anyway)...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •