Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got the Thordsen on. This one is done as far as I'm concerned.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Simple, effective. I'm loving it.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, how you liking the Thordsen?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it. It works great with my shooting style, short arms, huge muscular chest muscles, and chubby cheeks. I only ever ran my stocks on the first position anyway, so this is pretty darn close.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    I love it. It works great with my shooting style, short arms, huge muscular chest muscles, and chubby cheeks. I only ever ran my stocks on the first position anyway, so this is pretty darn close.
    Sounds like we are very similarly built physically, big shoulders, barrel chested and shorter arms, which reinforces my thinking about switching from my Sig brace to your setup... The SB15 is ok but I hate that it rotates on my Guntec SB15 tube. No complaints otherwise, so maybe I'll just leave it and put it towards the Scorpion EVO build I have planned.

Pic thread:

Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 12 January 2015 at 19:32.
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    7.5" Rainier Select Barrel on a 7" Fortis REV. On my Maxpedition Man Purse

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    7.5" Rainier Select Barrel on a 7" Fortis REV. On my Maxpedition Man Purse

I love that the rail is so short it only allows for 3 keymod slots lol

These super short pistols look cool, but anything under 10" is pretty much just a range toy right? Not bashing just always wondered how reliable/effective they would be. Shoot it much?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!! I likes that little blaster...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Not bashing just always wondered how reliable/effective they would be. Shoot it much?
    They can be made just as reliable as any other length AR, and are quite "effective"... My 7.5" pistol length gas AR has over 2,700 rounds through it, needed no tuning, runs with a standard weight or H2 buffer, and has had no failures that weren't from bad ammunition.

People who don't understand short ARs must not understand any PDWs, their purpose or application. Lots of people bash 7.5" ARs just like lots of people bash .380 pistols... Funny thing is, none of the naysayers have ever volunteered to let me shoot them with it, despite how "underpowered and ineffective" they are.

Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    Sounds like we are very similarly built physically, big shoulders, barrel chested and shorter arms, which reinforces my thinking about switching from my Sig brace to your setup... The SB15 is ok but I hate that it rotates on my Guntec SB15 tube. No complaints otherwise, so maybe I'll just leave it and put it towards the Scorpion EVO build I have planned.

Pic thread:

My Sig brace was DIFFICULT to get on the Phase 5 Hex tube. No twisting/rotating whatsoever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    They can be made just as reliable as any other length AR, and are quite "effective"... My 7.5" pistol length gas AR has over 2,700 rounds through it, needed no tuning, runs with a standard weight or H2 buffer, and has had no failures that weren't from bad ammunition.

People who don't understand short ARs must not understand any PDWs, their purpose or application. Lots of people bash 7.5" ARs just like lots of people bash .380 pistols... Funny thing is, none of the naysayers have ever volunteered to let me shoot them with it, despite how "underpowered and ineffective" they are.

I have a 10.5 and 11.5 so don't think I'm hating. Just never had or shot one shorter then 10". The ones I've seen under that were finicky but that could have been component selection. You don't know unless you ask right? :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I love that the rail is so short it only allows for 3 keymod slots lol

These super short pistols look cool, but anything under 10" is pretty much just a range toy right? Not bashing just always wondered how reliable/effective they would be. Shoot it much?
    This isn't actually my pistol, it's a buddy who wanted me to put the upper together. Ran about 300 rounds through it today without issue. I think he saw the value of the KVP Linear Comp, after he shot his AAC Brakeout out of his 10.5 SBR for the first time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This isn't actually my pistol, it's a buddy who wanted me to put the upper together. Ran about 300 rounds through it today without issue. I think he saw the value of the KVP Linear Comp, after he shot his AAC Brakeout out of his 10.5 SBR for the first time.

That Phase 5 Hex tube is BEGGING for a Sig Brace...

Downloads
    Uploads

wow that loosk nice i moye have to find one and try it out on my SBR
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)