Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Painted Weapons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    I don't mind, nicks, dings, and scatches, but not sure I'm ready to paint an entire weapon as I only have 2.
    I am with you on this one.. If I want it painted I am sending it to someone. I am too scared to do it myself
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicator View Post
    Oh I like these. How does one paint? Firearm spray bombs? Do you fulling disassemble?
    I tape off anything I don't want painted, and then I sprayed mine in Krylon Khaki, then I use Krylon brown and make splotches, and dust it from a distance to darken it up some.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    I don't mind, nicks, dings, and scatches, but not sure I'm ready to paint an entire weapon as I only have 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I am with you on this one.. If I want it painted I am sending it to someone. I am too scared to do it myself
    More of my guns (rifles and pistols) have got the Krylon treatment than those that have not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I tape off anything I don't want painted, and then I sprayed mine in Krylon Khaki, then I use Krylon brown and make splotches, and dust it from a distance to darken it up some.
    I did the same thing. I read a bunch of stuff online, listened to people talk about how they degrease, use super-sticky types of paint made just for firearms, and all sorts of nitnoid ways to make patterns. In the end, I just went with Krylon from Walmart and a laundry net. It took about 30 minutes because it was really humid and I'd let it dry for a little longer than it would normally take between layers.

I was nervous at first too, but I practiced on a couple of magazines, first. It turned out to be really easy, and if you screw it up, you can just hit it again with the base coat and start over (or take some paint cleaner and wipe it off, but I didn't need to do that). It serves not actual purpose for my uses, but it was still fun to learn how to do the layers. I always enjoyed watching maintainers at work paint parts of the aircraft and see how they could make some impressive art, so it was fun to try it on my own.

It should look even better after I shoot it and it starts to show wear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post

More of my guns (rifles and pistols) have got the Krylon treatment than those that have not.
    You know I read an article by Stickman over on Arms Collective about 10 Minutes & Ten Dollar Refinishing. The wife and I are thinking about picking up a pack of Aero Precision blemished receivers. Might have to make that 2 pack a 3 pack and try it out. 1 to SBR, 1 to Pistol Build, and 1 to practice the rattle can refinish on.

Yeah I will use anything as an excuse.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been hanging out on the ARF Mk12 thread a lot, figured I'd drop in some more pics!

Here's how the rifle looked actually out in Abilene/Tuscola TX

We moved from VA to Austin, so the Earth Red didn't fit in as well. Re-painted the rifles as below. Also swapped from a SOPMOD stock to a CavArms A1:

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ Sweet !!!

I have never been into the whole painting thing, but i am also OCD/anal and like to do everything my self...So i have had this Savage MK2 FV-SR sitting new in the plastic for a while and already had a nikon prostaff rimfire 3x9, i scored new for $100 bux and stole the bipod off another gun for now. Along with my $10 DIY kydex cheek riser and $6 for some rattle cans. I like the kyrptec patterns coming out lately so decided to try my hand at it, knowing i would eventually replace the stock for a Boyds most likely.

For now it will work, need to buck up and get a trust/stamp going for a can, but not in the cards right now.

Just got done with the cheek riser yesterday, and am unsure if i am going to paint it,

Last edited by mustangfreek; 30 June 2014 at 03:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That turned out really good man
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    That turned out really good man
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Haha..Thanks dude

Im still not sure...lol....

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reaper ? ^^^^

Here's some more of the Mk12. Am on the verge of disassembling and converting to Mod1 configuration, wanted some good pics! Relying on the Olympia built in filters, until I can learn some better Photoshop/lightroom techniques.

Mk12 Driver's Seat by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Pattern by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Mk12 Side by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceCriminal View Post
    Reaper ? ^^^^
    LVOA 12"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dip done by Black Dawn Armory out of Sedalia, MO for only $250. The picture doesn't do it justice.