Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Painted Weapons

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I give my buddy a hard time about his clone MK12 because, while not actually 100% correct, he's done such a good job at making it look so. He is also is one helluva shooter. Behold (Disclaimer...not my photo, but by bakernuts1 on IG):

Close enough. LOL I like the full rail on the PRI mount. I would omit the OPS collar on a MK12

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Finally got around to painting my scope to match the rifle

Taped things off pretty carefully so I could still see all the numbers

Looks great! Well executed project

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I give my buddy a hard time about his clone MK12 because, while not actually 100% correct, he's done such a good job at making it look so. He is also is one helluva shooter. Behold (Disclaimer...not my photo, but by bakernuts1 on IG):

Dang I love a Mk12 build, doesn't matter if it's a Mod 0, 1, or Holland. I love them all.

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Looks great! Well executed project
    Thanks! I've been spending time using it so it'll get that "worn" look...already starting to rub a spot on the stock where my 5 o'clock shadow rubs it like sandpaper, and obviously the selector lever, charging handle, mag release, etc...all the "high use" items.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Close enough. LOL I like the full rail on the PRI mount. I would omit the OPS collar on a MK12
    For use with a different can, I imagine? And that swan sleeve adds a bit of rigidity to it as well as more room to mount the scope for eye relief. That's why Mod 0's are probably my favorite of the Mk12 line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That AE can was very effective, even with 5.56. If I didn't already have another can in the works, it might have convinced me to order one for my MK12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's not clone specific, but I really would like a Griffin Armament 5.56 SPR can. They are right at 18oz, 3oz lighter than the Ops 12th/AEM5 and you don't need a specially contoured barrel, mount and collar...just index their muzzle device over your existing barrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  1.60 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang I love a Mk12 build, doesn't matter if it's a Mod 0, 1, or Holland. I love them all.

Thanks! I've been spending time using it so it'll get that "worn" look...already starting to rub a spot on the stock where my 5 o'clock shadow rubs it like sandpaper, and obviously the selector lever, charging handle, mag release, etc...all the "high use" items.

For use with a different can, I imagine? And that swan sleeve adds a bit of rigidity to it as well as more room to mount the scope for eye relief. That's why Mod 0's are probably my favorite of the Mk12 line.
    Exactly, for a different can. OPS cans, didn't someone else take them over? I remember OPS cans not being that affordable compared to similiar ones. I think back then I was considering that or an AAC SPR on a MITER Mount.

Anyhow, if I wasn't doing a suppressor, I'd get an OPS collar, just to complete the look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Exactly, for a different can. OPS cans, didn't someone else take them over? I remember OPS cans not being that affordable compared to similiar ones. I think back then I was considering that or an AAC SPR on a MITER Mount.

Anyhow, if I wasn't doing a suppressor, I'd get an OPS collar, just to complete the look.
    The guy who was making the OPS 12th (and other OPS cans) apparently started his own company when OPS imploded. I haven't bothered to Google why OPS went away, but Ron Allen continued making the same cans under the "Allen Engineering" name. Apparently he got into some business issues with the state of CA, so he moved to NV. The company is alive and well and he's has several different kinds of .22 and .308 cans in production.

Cost for an AEM5 (what the 12th turned into) is around $650. Ask me how I know. <sigh> It's only money, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ron Allen who formerly owned Ops Inc operated out of California. Despite .gov contracts (and SureFire operating like mad in CA), I think he ran into issues maintaining a license to manufacture in California...the State would no longer allow him to with no real explanation. I'm not sure what prompted the new name, but he packed up and went to NV and started churning them out again under the Allen Engineering name.

There are still a few Ops Inc cans NIB out there if you want to complete a 100% accurate MK12 clone but they're hard to find. Basically small time dealers that used to carry Ops will come out with one from the dark recesses of a safe every so often.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I just posted this in the handgun thread, but since he has a few coats of krylon, I will put it here, as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Second paint job didn't like the first...

Nothing special just what was gonna be my gateway into the NFA game but it just sits, only shot like 5 rounds thru it when a guy I know brought over his sparrow to show off how quiet it was..lol..still undecided in selling it or what as it just sits, unless everyone wants to chip in for a can..lol..anyways..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome job.

If you decide to sell it, let me know! I will definitely pick it up if I can distract the wife

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ron Allen who formerly owned Ops Inc operated out of California. Despite .gov contracts (and SureFire operating like mad in CA), I think he ran into issues maintaining a license to manufacture in California...the State would no longer allow him to with no real explanation. I'm not sure what prompted the new name, but he packed up and went to NV and started churning them out again under the Allen Engineering name.

There are still a few Ops Inc cans NIB out there if you want to complete a 100% accurate MK12 clone but they're hard to find. Basically small time dealers that used to carry Ops will come out with one from the dark recesses of a safe every so often.
    Ron never owned OP's Inc. He was subcontracted to make certain suppressors for them. California stopped allowing form 3 transfers out of state so Ron moved his suppresor manufacturing out of state. His main location is still Brown's Valley CA.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Second paint job didn't like the first...

Nothing special just what was gonna be my gateway into the NFA game but it just sits, only shot like 5 rounds thru it when a guy I know brought over his sparrow to show off how quiet it was..lol..still undecided in selling it or what as it just sits, unless everyone wants to chip in for a can..lol..anyways..

I really like that paint job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Ron never owned OP's Inc. He was subcontracted to make certain suppressors for them. California stopped allowing form 3 transfers out of state so Ron moved his suppresor manufacturing out of state. His main location is still Brown's Valley CA.

From what I read, they just stopped allowing Ops Inc to transfer cans out of CA. Surefire still did (and still does?) when he was prohibited, being a main contention.

Here's an e-mail from OPS dated 12/2013:

"Sorry for the delay. We have been going through hoops with the ATF with the A&D book, production variance, CA DOJ, and a very confused CA ATF branch. Our lawyers do not know what exactly their end game is, we have complied with every request, had guns taken and then returned later, and fought off every threat they have given to the point that they have nothing left to throw at us. They have held every one of our form 3's but have approved 2 form 5's months after our form 3's were submitted. I honestly have no answer on the time frame because they keep dragging this out and looking for new charges against us that will still not stick. It has been going on since February and it's getting real old at this point. Sorry I cannot get any info about our form 3's, I have a few dealers asking me the same questions and I just don't have the answers at this time. We're trying to figure out where the witch hunt is going and why we're being singled out. They claim that we cannot manufacture suppressors in CA for anyone other than LE and Government. We asked how Surefire has been doing it this whole time along with a few other manufacturers and they haven't answered our emails or phone calls. Other DOJ agents haven't heard this law that apparently has been in effect for over 10 years according to the CA DOJ. Like I said, they keep throwing stones at us and drag out anything they try to have against us for months before they give up and get something new. I don't know of any dealers that have anything in stock other than possibly Duncans guns in North Carolina. I understand if you have to go a different direction, if that is the case I apologize for not being able to get you set in a reasonable time frame. If something new comes up I'll let you know.
    Regards,
    Daniel "

After researching it, I see Ops is owned by Phil Seeburger, but Ron is the most frequently associated with the company whenever I read about it.