Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

NEA Compact Carbine Stock (CCS)

I'm likely joining the party a bit late, as I just became aware of NEA and this particular component.

Has anyone managed to pick one up, or put one through it's paces, by chance? Looks like it could be pretty useful on a minimalist PDW-type build, providing the quality and reliability are there. Definitely piqued my interest.

From the web site:

NEAG Inc. Compact Carbine Stock

The new Patent Pending NEAG Inc Compact Carbine Stock (CCS) is the ultimate solution for close protection guns: a collapsible stock which renders the NEA-15 7.5” PDW only 21 inches in overall length - nearly 2 inches shorter than a fully collapsed MP5A5, with proven 5.56m NATO performance. A true 5-position collapsible stock with a total weight of only 1.5 lbs; only 1oz heavier than a traditional 6-position carbine stock system with buffer and spring. The minimum length is a scant 4.75”, while the fully extended CCS stretches to 8.5” for maximum ergonomic range even on rifles designed expressly for extreme compact size. Materials are 6061-T6 Aluminum and 4041 steel with NEA’s proprietary ARC+ surface treatment. The NEAG Inc CCS is the final evolution of a project intended to provide end users with the ultimate in rifle portability and concealability.
    Specifications

Weight : 1lb 8oz (0.68kg)
    Material : 6061-T6 and ARC+ treated 4140
    Length Collapsed : 4.75” (121mm)
    Length Extended : 8.5”(216mm)
    Stock Positions : 5

Data Sources/Links:

Manufacturer - http://www.neaginc.com/

Product Info Sheet - http://www.neaginc.com/uploads/1/4/8...atalog_pg9.pdf

Online Store - http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...bbaeaa21408396

AC
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered one and am waiting for it.

A bit expensive and it comes with a proprietary bolt carrier. I asked and was told the system was designed for carbine and PDW/pistol length gas systems. I'm waiting to get the stock and then will put together a short carbine. I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a tax stamp. I crack up when people say just get a tax stamp, yes and wait a year, plus the jump through hoops necessary to secure one. The major issue is going to the chief of police in a new city (I'm moving in 2 weeks to Texas) and saying hey can you sign off on this so I can make a SBR. I could imagine the look he would give me. That's the kind of stupid stuff I got from some of the clowns at ARF.com. As well as a 16" barrel is a 16" barrel no matter what size flash hider is on there if you cut the barrel length to 16", forget about any other information out there. Including something I read from John Noveske saying make your barrel as short as you can unless you are shooting specifically for long distance. It's there on his web site. But no those clowns at ARF.com know better than John Noveske(RIP)...LOL.

My idea is to use this stock with a 13.7" barrel and a B. E. Meyers flash hider for a very short rifle. The Meyers is lighter then the Vortex and a bit longer, I have read conflicting reports about the Meyers making the 13.7" barrel long enough when pinned. Some say it comes up just short, some say it comes up a little past 16". When I am ready I will find out, specifically and definitively. A bit pricey but why worry about price when you have gone to that expense already. Noveske basically stated that the shorter barrel is more accurate it is within the distance the barrel is designed for. You're not going to be doing long range work with a 16" barrel and then again what is long range and the fact is the newer M855 and other heavier bullets work well out of short barrels with tighter twists. That is what they are designed to do.

From what I have read it is the same one as used on the trunk monkey rifle and SBR. I have also seen that LWRC is releasing a similar version. I don't know if it is the same and made under licensing or their own design. Another company MMC is also making a super short carbine with one or a similar. It looks like the PDW HK416 stock. If this stock doesn't work well I will go with the LWRC short stock another poster mentioned in another thread. It's only $59.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have one

I purchased one as soon as i could. I haven't been able to use it yet though, still waiting on a lower. It looks great, feels solid, and seems worth the money. I do however hope it will work with Adams Arms piston drive parts. I really want to use it to build a 6.8mm BSP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received my ccs yesterday and it came not anodized. Is that the way they are normally sold. I was also didn't realize that I couldn't use it on my 9mm carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyb115 View Post
    I received my ccs yesterday and it came not anodized. Is that the way they are normally sold. I was also didn't realize that I couldn't use it on my 9mm carbine.
    Let us know how it works for you, better yet, post some pictures of it installed. It looks like a nice piece if only say... I had an SBR/PDW type weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are the reviews on this? Lantac has some really nice pics of this stock on some of their builds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one if the first ones, I did not like the locking mechanism for the stock. I sold mine before installing, my friend sold his after long-term reliability issues. I thought about trimming my carrier to use it for 9mm, but the price was bot worth the risk

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any follow up on this product? I have heard a report of the gas key shearing off. This could be an aberration though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't heard anything about that. Lantac had some pics of one on a build on their FaceBook page, the build was very sexy looking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiskaBob View Post
    I purchased one as soon as i could. I haven't been able to use it yet though, still waiting on a lower. It looks great, feels solid, and seems worth the money. I do however hope it will work with Adams Arms piston drive parts. I really want to use it to build a 6.8mm BSP.
    So Bob, now that Stick is giving away one of these stocks, how do you like it? Is it reliable? I've seen mixed reviews on these stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend had one but he said it wasn't comfortable so he sold it. That's all i heard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I reviewed one recently installed on a supressed .300 SBR. I found it to be sturdy, but my biggest complaint was that it's too short when fully extended (at least for me). It does make your rifle shorter overall when collapsed, but I'd seriously look at other options, such as the Law Tactical folding adapter, before purchasing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The guys at Arsenal Democracy broke it fairly quickly and are currently designing their own pdw stock since the NEA one didn't last very long.

I guess Troy released one now but if I'm not mistaken it's made for them by NEA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're right on the one from Troy.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to seeing the Arsenal Democracy offering.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa