Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both the NEA CCS and an AR pistol with law tactical folding adaptor/extended buffer tube.

I can say that for $400, the CCS really pissed me off when i got it. It isnt even finished in a standard matte black that would half ass match most AR lowers/uppers. Other than that, i really like it. No, it isnt super comfy but it isnt uncomfy either. I have an underfolder 386 poly and it's more comfortable than that. Im 6'1" but i like shooting NTCH because my wife is 5'5" so i always kept the AR stocks fully collapsed for her. Ive just gotten used to shooting in that position now.

I couldnt keep my magpul BAD lever on either. Slightly annoying. Overall, the NEA CCS does want i wanted it to though, which is to give me full size AR capability in a smaller, easier to leave in the trunk package. My AR pistol is just a toy. It loses a lot of FPS with that shorter barrel. Total OAL is now 28" collapsed, 32.5" extended.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I installed it on a lower to try it out , and I really like the ergonomics of it. I however haven't been able to test its actually reliability, because I only put it on an 80% lower that I haven't completed.
    NEA doesn't recommend use with piston parts, so I guess I won't be trying that out.
    I have noticed that mine is different than the ones currently available (and the one in the giveaway). Mine has different color and fewer notches for adjustable lop on the right rod. The new design for the right rod is a significant improvement.
    The butt on mine has exceptionally aggressive machining mimicking checkering, so aggressive that it can tear at the skin through a cotton t-shirt.
    At it's longest setting, it should work for most tall fellas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've wondered why NEA doesn't put a rubber pad on their stocks.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I've wondered why NEA doesn't put a rubber pad on their stocks.
    I'm suspecting that I'll like the LWRC UCIW much more. As an engineer and a perfectionist, all the little issues with the NEA CCS start to bug me. It could be a LOT lighter while retaining the same strength.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one but not long enough to run into this problem... The aluminum locking mech is a magazine release it needs to be replaced with a steel one, otherwise it wears down overtime to the point the stock just slams shut.