Downloads
    Uploads

Warning: Counterfeit Rainier Arms Raptors

Rainier Arms recently announced that there are some counterfeit Raptor Charging Handles floating around. Apparently, they have already contacted their legal advisers to send a cease and desist letter. At this time they are not naming the company/retailer responsible for the counterfeit Raptors. If you purchased a Raptor from Rainier Arms or one of their authorized dealers, then you have nothing to worry about. Contact Rainier Arms if you have questions on who is an authorized dealer.

Here are a couple of sample pictures.

Notice the latches are different sizes, rolls pins are different. The Raptor on the right is genuine. The one on the left is not. The one on the left has symmetrical latches "wings" A genuine Raptor has asymmetrical wings, with the wings on the Forward Assist side longer than the other. The roll pins are much beefier on a genuine Raptor as the thickness was increased. The one on the left appears to be standard roll pins. The laser engraving on the left is also not as sharp, and dull.

Here is another shot. The Raptor on top is fake. You can see much more clearly that the latches on the fake Raptor are symmetrical. The difference in thickness of the roll pins is much more obvious as well.

Make sure to purchase all your Rainier Arms products from AUTHORIZED Dealers.

Shortly after Rainier Arms posted about the Counterfeit Raptors, they advised that Arms Unlimited is NOT an authorized dealer. I'm no detective, but you can put two and two together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a list of the Authorized Dealers that are GTG?
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately in doing a search for counterfeits, it appears that there are a lot of sellers, many on eBay that are using the photos from RA's page...which would tend to make the buyer think they were getting a real CH. Which goes back to UWone77's comment about only buying from an AUTHORIZED Dealer.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a list of authorized dealers?
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good job Rainier Arms. If someone is already copying/counterfeiting your design then you know you've done something impressive.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is BravoTac a reputable supplier to buy one of these from?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Is BravoTac a reputable supplier to buy one of these from?
    Thanks
    They are an authorized dealer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    They are an authorized dealer.
    Thank you, I bought one from AXTS direct :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like we are now dealing with it, possibly, over at CalGuns due to a recent Amazon seller posting them up at a good price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Looks like we are now dealing with it, possibly, over at CalGuns due to a recent Amazon seller posting them up at a good price.
    That's too bad this is an on-going issue. Keep us updated if you discover the retailer is selling counterfeits. I'll pass it on to the guys at Rainier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are well aware of what's going on and have our legal team on this.

With any popular product, you will see counterfeits popping up. It doesn't matter the industry, you see it everywhere. Use common sense. If the price is too good to be true, it's probably fake. Always buy from a vendor you can trust. If you buy a Rolex on Amazon from an unknown seller for 70% of the original price, you shouldn't be shocked it's fake. Just my .02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    We are well aware of what's going on and have our legal team on this.

With any popular product, you will see counterfeits popping up. It doesn't matter the industry, you see it everywhere. Use common sense. If the price is too good to be true, it's probably fake. Always buy from a vendor you can trust. If you buy a Rolex on Amazon from an unknown seller for 70% of the original price, you shouldn't be shocked it's fake. Just my .02
    I've got one of your RA Raptors on my AR15 out in South Africa, love the addition to my weapon. Good luck with the law suit.

Sent from my Google Edition S4 GT-I9505G

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought i just seen a picture of the supposedly new raptors that have the rainier arms " mountain" symbol etched on the top?

Yes , no?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our new Raptors have the mountain engraved on the bottom. We recently started doing that for our OEM contracts like STAG, Noveske, War Sport, HeadDown, etc. But, there are still many in circulation without the engraving. The issue isn't to look for certain markings etc, it's to buy from reputable places as the fakes will get better over time. You can find counterfeit Larue, DD, Noveske, just about everything out there that's popular will have counterfeits so make sure you buy from a reputable shop.