Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

2014 SHOT Show Predictions and Hopes

I know that the 2014 SHOT Show is still around 3 months away, but what are your predictions of who will be introducing what or your hopes of what will come out?

Personally I am looking forward to see if any new Key-Mod accessories will be offered, what barrel manufacturers are offering, and new products that are completely outside of the box and game changers. I would also really like to see if any companies are improving or changing the duty belt design for LE.

Post any rumors that you have heard as well!

Your thoughts?
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in seeing more from Tracking Point, the guys who make the precision laser-targeted rifle package.

VICE did a great documentary on the company and the system recently:

Long Shot: Inside the Scope of Smart Weapons

I think this technology will become very prevalent in the next few years. I also suspect it will ignite a new fire in Washington, trying to regulate civilian access to these devices. There is already a great deal of controversy because the system eliminates much of the specialized training and practice previously necessary to achieve long-range accuracy.

I'm a little bit jealous because I had this idea years ago, and much like when I was a kid and I designed the LED-lit Frisbee, I didn't get to market fast enough :-)

I would also be interested in seeing a breakthrough in caseless ammunition technology. You could carry more ammo with less weight without all that brass ... but not expecting much. This industry seems to evolve very slowly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see AAC Suppressors from the last SHOT show available

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see (more, besides FN) handgun OEM RDS mounting solutions. I'd also like to see (more) RDS' made specifically for handguns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    New concepts in PDW system, fully ambi with off the shelf ammo perhaps a 300 blkout. Affordable nightvision and ear protection. Low profile urban clothing for the discreet CCW carry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe something new in a concealment holster incorporating a duty grade retention device. Safariland has dominated with the ALS and the Serpa isn't an option for many.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hoping to see manufacturers step out of the comfort zone and try something different. A lot of what is on the market is modular to old style design. In this AR industry it currently only pays to be somewhat innovative and remain backwards compatible to other companies add-on modular adapters.
    I would like to see something completely different but maintain durability and functionality. A company that can completely change the way the rest of the industry looks at the modular platform and say "we don't need to conform to another companies standards"

I believe there is a lot of room to improve the ergonomics of the platform. I believe that improved ergonomics will put the beginner in a better shooting posture.

Look at what happened when a few companies decided to change the angle of the grip.. It naturally puts the weapon hand/arm in a better position? Why the hell is the rail shaped more like a circle? The current shape promotes incorrect forearm grip position and getting beginners to move to the correct position is hard because it feels unnatural. Changing the shape to promote better ergonomics means changing the way addons are attached and most companies do not want to tackle that beast.

I would like to see someone address ergonomics to promote weapon side shoulder drive towards the target and correct support hand position on the rail.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any predictions per se, but I am quite looking forward to SHOT. Last year was my show, and despite my research, it was to fully understand what to expect, and how best to maximize my efforts. I expect to get a lot more out of the upcoming show, esp the media day, and my itinerary will allow me to attend every day if desired.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like there will be a few new items from Glock...rumors are a tactical/practical 45, and a small 380.

I also have heard some things about a civilian marketed AR from FN.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering what suppressor manufacturers having coming out, especially with the looming ATF requirement to have CLEO sign offs on every Form 1 and 4.

Downloads
    Uploads

2014 SHOT Show Predictions and Hopes

Hopes:

- MRDS milled versions of PPQ and P30 w/tall sights
    - PPQ SK (G26/P2000SK sized)
    - High quality low(ish) penetration defensive round for 300 BLK(light, fast supersonic)
    - Better/more keymod panel options
    - More/better sight options for PPQ
    - Striker fired P30
    - P30SK

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested in the Suppressor market also..Will there be a Saker can for the .308? What about more mounting options? Any more suprises from Magpul? 25 round mag for .308? Scopes? Maybe more 1-6x in a <$ 1000.00. Im with you TAC40 - nightvision...

I know Im expecting...WANT a lot but it is Shot Show..I can at LEAST ask!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far on my list:

New GLOCKs
    New Remington R51 9mm pistol
    FN Civilian ARs
    New additions to S&W Performance Center Line
    Taurus "View" 38spc
    Ruger 308 AR
    HK 416 A5

I also will be meeting with AdeQ Firearms and Serbu Firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be spending some time with my friends at AdeQ Firearms (booth #30009 in LE section). Might see me there. If you want to check out their awesome stuff, just ask for Chris or Alex, and tell them DJ sent you.

http://adeqfirearms.com/
    Last edited by djegators; 7 January 2014 at 10:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides the Rem R51 I'm interested in the new SilencerCo Harvester silencer. 300 Win mag rated with a muzzle brake of sorts on the end. All logic says the brake would hurt the sound signature.