Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mission First Tactical Battlelink Stock

The Mission First Tactical Battlelink Stock is now shipping. These are advertised to be the lightest stock on the market, coming in at 5.8oz. These were announced awhile back, now are now finally available. Checkout Mission First Tactical for ordering information. They are retailing for $59.99

This is the lightest Stock on the market! With heavy input from operators we utilized the minimal amount of material while maintaining all the necessary functionality.

Battlelink Stocks are the evolution of battlefield technology manufactured using a specially developed reinforced, super tough polyamide from DuPont's Military Plastic Division. Putting the stock to your shoulder is the foundation of any stock. Holding true to the basics while adding functionality with the minimal amount of material possible was our goal. With heavy input from operators from all spectrums we saw the need to make a stock that offers all of the functional requirements while keeping the weight under 6 ounces. This stock adapts and changes to your environment or operational needs by utilizing custom accessory mounts and is able to accept a new optimized sling configuration. This ultimately makes our stock the lightest in today's AR accessories market.

Beginning to end, success of the Mission is what every brave individual operating in harm’s way, strives for. Mission First Tactical develops evolutionary rifle/carbine accessories reducing Operators strain and fatigue, increasing effectiveness, target acquisition and accurate shot sequences.

BMS Features and Functions

• Slide-on replacement for original collapsible butt stock.
    • Angled non-slip rubberized buttpad allows faster presentation, even with body armor.
    • Quick Detach Sling mounting point is positioned for optimum usage including ambidextrous shooters
    • Upper section provides enhanced cheek weld
    • Patent Pending
    • Made in the USA

MSRP $59.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it comes with an instruction DVD on how to properly mortar the gun!

Also, QD socket is facing down? Do not want. But it looks like I can install a Mount-n-Slot in the slot at the rear of the tube.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    The product description is painful to read. I find it very hard to take companies seriously when you can tell that they didn't even have someone with competent writing skills proofread their literature before releasing it.

The whole "operator" designed shtick is so overplayed, as well.

Also, does anyone else agree that this stock will probably snag on everything?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no opinion on the stock itself as I don't own one. However, the entire "lightweight" movement has become too much. Trying to shave off ounces everywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have no opinion on the stock itself as I don't own one. However, the entire "lightweight" movement has become too much. Trying to shave off ounces everywhere.
    My idea of lightweight is the exact setup of a standard issue M4...then drop a lightweight barrel on it haha.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    My idea of lightweight is the exact setup of a standard issue M4...then drop a lightweight barrel on it haha.
    Exactly, a Colt 6720 is my idea of lightweight. I don't need fluted BCG's, Crazy cutouts on rails, or saving 1oz on a sling mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand where you're coming from, but for some of us with permanent or recurring injuries, every ounce I can shave off, without sacrificing reliability or function, well that's what I'm going to do. However, I don't see this stock as being part of my current build, ever.
    I can't speak positively or negatively, since, like most of us, I haven't used one, but among other observations, "Slipper's" idea about snagging on everything was one I shared. Not to mention that these day's most of my difficult "'operations" is getting the right amount of water and coffee in my Kurig.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 26 September 2013 at 16:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but for some of us with permanent or recurring injuries, every ounce I can shave off, without sacrificing reliability or function, well that's what I'm going to do. However, I don't see this stock as being part of my current build, ever.
    I can't speak positively or negatively, since, like most of us, I haven't used one, but among other observations, "Slipper's" idea about snagging on everything was one I shared. Not to mention that these day's most of my difficult "'operations" is getting the right amount of water and coffee in my Kurig.

FT
    FT,

I think there is a big difference between someone like you, who really needs to save weight because of physical limitations vs. someone who is just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    **ding, ding, ding** We have a winner!

....exactly Computalotapus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We went lightweight"ish" on mine so I could actually stand and shoot it. I didn't want to be limited to sitting down to fire. The only thing really lightweight on mine is the barrel and you can go lighter. If I want super lightweight then ill use my pistol....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    We went lightweight"ish" on mine so I could actually stand and shoot it. I didn't want to be limited to sitting down to fire. The only thing really lightweight on mine is the barrel and you can go lighter. If I want super lightweight then ill use my pistol....
    After you add your Vortex PST Viper with Mount, your build IMHO is not really "lightweight-ish"

The guns you guys built isn't really what I'm talking about though, when it comes to the lightweight movement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After you add your Vortex PST Viper with Mount, your build IMHO is not really "lightweight-ish"

The guns you guys built isn't really what I'm talking about though, when it comes to the lightweight movement.
    I love that you remembered what I'm getting. I didn't know you could go lighter! I'm a little afraid of adding weight with the optic, but I really like it so I have to suck it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have balanced her weapon so her weapon hand arm (her stronger arm) will carry most of the weight. I think with the optic mounted I can actually move to a lighter buffer. If I put my buffer in her rifle it becomes front heavy. I think with the optic we can go to the lighter buffer and still maintain the rearward weight balance we are looking for in her rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I think there is a big difference between someone like you, who really needs to save weight because of physical limitations vs. someone who is just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.
    Yeah, I hear you. The AR platform just easily allows for the "in" thing of the week. I know guys who think if their weapon is over a year old, it's outdated.

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    I love that you remembered what I'm getting. I didn't know you could go lighter! I'm a little afraid of adding weight with the optic, but I really like it so I have to suck it up.
    LOL... who didn't enjoy that build thread?!