Downloads
    Uploads

Daniel Defense LITE Rail II

If you were like me, the Daniel Defense Lite Rail was one of the first rails I ever purchased and installed. I still have several Lite rails on my guns, but over the years they have grown long in the tooth. They lack certain features of newer rails. Daniel Defense has listened and has updated their Lite rails to the Lite II. The Lite II rail will be lighter, stronger, and have integral sling swivels. Other obvious changes are, the rail uses 4 bolts instead of 6. If you ever installed a Lite rail, you know how tedious it became, threading in, all 6 bolts. The Lite Rail II will also be compatible with a variety of gas blocks and front sight bases.

Weights weren't available yet, but they will be available in the following configurations:

7.0, 9.0, 9.5 FSP, 10.0, 12.0, 12.0 FSP, 12.0 FSPM and 14.0. The AR15 Lite Rail II 12.0 FSPM and 14.0 will be available in Q1, 2014.

Daniel Defense is now machining the fittings directly into the end of the rail instead of the old bolt Up system plate that was welded to the end of the original Lite Rail. This change increases the structural integrity of the system and reduces its weight. This change allows Daniel Defense to offer the Lite Rail II at a 10-15% reduction in price compared to the original Lite Rail.

Available soon on the Daniel Defense website, or at your favorite dealer later in October.

MSRP 12" LITE II $351

From the Daniel Defense Press Release:

Daniel Defense Introduces the Newly Designed AR15 Lite Rail II

Black Creek, GA- September 30, 2013- Daniel Defense, Inc. has unveiled the latest advancement in rail systems for the AR15 platform. The AR15 Lite Rail II™ is the next generation of Lite Rail from Daniel Defense. With thousands of the Lite Rail Series already in existence, this proven handguard just got better.

The improved design enhances the rail’s structural integrity, improves functionality, aesthetics and ease of installation to the weapon system without compromising its best-known attributes, one of which being the lightest rail system on the market. Enhanced features include a machined from one piece aluminum rail which replaces our previous two piece welded design, our patented Bolt-Up System™, requiring only 4 bolts instead of 6, with tabs that aid in alignment to the upper receiver during installation. Front and Rear Sling Swivel Attachment Points are integrated into both the left and right side rails and are designed to limit the swivel’s rotation.

“Once we develop and deploy a new product, we begin discussing how we can make an already superior product even better,” says Marty Daniel, President and CEO of Daniel Defense. “The AR15 Lite Rail II is the product of innovative thought and a very talented team of engineers. In the end, we made it even Lighter, Stronger, Better…”

The AR15 Lite Rail II is available in multiple lengths and variations, including: AR15 Lite Rail II 7.0, 9.0, 9.5 FSP, 10.0, 12.0, 12.0 FSP, 12.0 FSPM and 14.0. While most options are available now, the AR15 Lite Rail II 12.0 FSPM and 14.0 will be available in Q1, 2014.

For additional information contact: jhunter@danieldefense.com.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Daniel Defense Lite II rails are now available and shipping to your favorite distributors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too bad they didn't tuck the 6 o'clock rail up like on the RIS II. It's such a nicer profile, and it would have made it even lighter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never used a Lite rail as I still like the original DD M4 handguard, but I'm glad to see the addition of the QD sockets. Is the cross-section still identical to the original Lite rail? I'm not a fan of the RIS profile at all.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2f06atc.gif
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET