Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19?

Downloads
    Uploads

Glock 19?

Share your pros cons of the G19.

mods: please move if pistol talk isnt allowed in this room.

Downloads
    Uploads
    15 rounds of 9mm +P+ in a concealable package is why I tend to carry the Glock 19 as my primary offduty weapon. My Glocks, as well as the Glocks of other officers and departments that I've worked with have had great things to say about the 9mm Glock series.

With the advent of new duty/ hollow point ammo, I can't help but wonder if the 9mm Glocks will make a strong come back as a general issue police duty weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up my G19 17 yrs ago when I was issued A G17. Good luck ever getting me to give it up. It's been carried a lot, used heavily and keeps going. Without getting into the 9mm vs .45 vs .40 debate, the G19 is just about the ideal off-duty or concealed carry pistol for many.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered one, think I over paid a bit though.

Hey stick, any more glock pics? I need some new wallpaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one is my favorite....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The G-19/23 seems to be the perfect fit for me.

Semper Fi

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks awesome. Cant wait to get mine. I currently also have a SigPro 2022, and a M&P, both in 9mm.

ETA: Im also a big TLR-1/2 fan as well. Those are great lights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really liked mine. The only problem I had was it breaking the trigger pin. It broke two for some reason (this was a really old one, I think I sold it to a friend in '96), and I've never had the same problem from any others.
    To echo what Stick said about the 9, I recently redicsovered the model 17, and will probably pick up another 19 now that reliable 9mm loads are out.

306FTW Guest
    I love the 19. I have a 17 but one of my bud's has a 19 and it's a blast. I like the small package while still allowing for hi-cap capabilities. Not to mention it's a Glock...easy to maintain and reliable as hell. It took me a very long time to get used to and comfortable shooting w/ it but it's never failed me and the practice is paying off. I really wanna pick up a 26 however.

ETA: Stick...that one w/ the casings...simply beautiful!
    Last edited by 306FTW; 1 September 2007 at 12:04. Reason: Adding more

Fireman1291 Guest
    The G19 is great. Mine has the ext slide stop, grip plug, mep night sights, 3.5lb connector and .25cent trigger job. The gun is absolute perfection. I shoot and carry it alot. To not own a G19 is a sin-Adam

Lumpy196 Guest
    The G19 is The Thinking Man's glock. If you're going to only have one, it'd be the G19 in my opinion.

Its compact without sacrificing handling or capacity. If you compare it to some of the other full size 9mm's out there with a 15 round capacity, you can see its advantages. This also aids in its ability to conceal. Also, many people find the grip of the the G19 more comfortable than the full size guns. Its also 9mm. Most people dont want to hear it, but the Glock was designed around the 9mm, and not suprisingly, the 9mm Glocks are the most reliable and durable of all the models. Add to that that 9mm ammunition is often cheap and plentiful compared to other calibers. This means more practice. Its also has very mild recoil, which means female shooters or those with less hand strength can often enjoy shooting them effectively as well.

All this from a die-hard 1911 fan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to get a 19 again. I've tried so hard to live life without one...but why? I can offer no explanation.

clasky Guest
    There are no cons to this weapon that come to mind. I was issued one in the IDF and, while I never fired it in anger, I knew that it wouldn't let me down if I needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    To echo what Stick said about the 9, I recently redicsovered the model 17, and will probably pick up another 19 now that reliable 9mm loads are out.
    What loads are you using? I'm currently carrying GOLDEN SABRE 9MM +P 124 GR JHP in my 17, and using CCI BLAZER 124 TMJ as my practice/match loads.