Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    What loads are you using? I'm currently carrying GOLDEN SABRE 9MM +P 124 GR JHP in my 17, and using CCI BLAZER 124 TMJ as my practice/match loads.

The 9mm GS are good rounds. Are you using the bonded or non-bonded variants?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The 9mm GS are good rounds. Are you using the bonded or non-bonded variants?
    I'm not sure which version I currently have. The box has the product code GS9MMD, which I'm certain dosen't tell us much. IIRC, I purchased them a few years ago. Any other way to tell?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would say bonded in the yellow section on the front of the box, and there would be a "B" in the coding. If you aren't shooting into sheetmetal or windshields, its not a big deal. Its still very high quality ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It would say bonded in the yellow section on the front of the box, and there would be a "B" in the coding.
    OK, thanks! I need to order some more so I will look for the bonded version.

TravisM.1 Guest
    Of all the Glocks, the G19 is my favorite. Its big enough to hold 16 rounds and fit my hands, and small enough to conceal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I carried my 19 as my off duty gun, and at times a working gun. My current department will not allow me a 9mm, but if they would, I'd still be carrying my 19. Get one, and stock up on magazines while you can. You won't regret it.

I put a Vickers Tactial / Tango Down magazine release in mine, and other then that, its bone stock. I've used it as a carry gun, and loaned it to students in classes. Its a great all around gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I lvoe all my Glocks.
    Don't get me wrong I used to be a Glock hater, But, after being bored and not finding anything else new to buy, I decided to buy one for the hell of it.
    Started with a 23 Gen3, Had tons of fun blasting ammo through it, shooting various COF quite well and accurately despite what some think. The pistol was even in a motorcycle accident on a freeway with me, never had ANY type of failure.
    I have a 19 and 2 -23's now, The 19 works great with anything you run through it, as long and as hard as you can, same for the 23's.
    Me personally, I bought the 3.5lb connector and other parts like slide stop and what not, but never felt an urge to install them. The ONLY thing I ever put in it were Meprolight NS & a Tungsten Captive guide rod with an ISMI spring, this made a felt difference for recoil, muzzle flip,and follow up, others testing the different types of guide rods side by side with me noticed it also.
    Buy lots of mags and lots of ammo and just shoot it.
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started shooting a 19 (was a friend's). I sold my XD9 and bought a G23. I absolutely love that gun. It feels so good in my hands. I will definitely be buying more Glocks, whether it is a 27 or perhaps a 22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    What loads are you using? I'm currently carrying GOLDEN SABRE 9MM +P 124 GR JHP in my 17, and using CCI BLAZER 124 TMJ as my practice/match loads.

GDHP 124 +Ps.

guam50 Guest
    I've used my G19 on duty for many years without fail. Now adays, my department has switched to the G22 (patrol), 23 (plain clothes) & 21 (SWAT). I carry the G23 but still love my G19 and will not give it up.

carbinero Guest
    I've been planning to switch to a G19/26 for a while, and the 26 came first. I was surprised and disappointed that, although there were no problems with the standard mags, about a hundred rounds into our session it FTF repeatedly from both 33 round mags. (I field stripped, wiped down, and lightly oiled the 26beforehand). The mags continued to work fine in my KelTec 9mm carbine. Anyone heard of this happening with the G19? If so, I'll sell those mags with the carbine.

plom Guest
    I bough one and my wife took it from me so I had to find another one. I have a lot of pistols, but if I had to keep one, it would be my glock 19.
    It's a compact simple pistol, it's reliable and strong, easy to shoot well, accurate. Mags are cheap, spare parts too, esay to store everywhere. I made a "survival box" with few spare parts, mags and ammo for almost no $. For me the glock 19 is a paradox because it's a ugly pistol, but still the only one I would keep if I had to keep only one. Mine loves the remington golden saber +p 124 grs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's small enough to conceal without too many problems yet large enough to still use.

If I had to only have one handgun, it would be the 19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    It's small enough to conceal without too many problems yet large enough to still use.

If I had to only have one handgun, it would be the 19.
    I'm feeling more and more like that. I think I need to get another 19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to carry a G30 until I handled the 19. The 30 now sits in the safe and the G19 is my go to. Fits like a glove, 9mm ammo is less costly, and it's COOL! No negatives that I have found.