Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my G19 well enough that I have transitioned away from carrying a full size 1911. That is saying a lot for me. I have me green/yellow Meprolight equipped G19 with me almost 24/7. I run 147gr Winchester Ranger as my carry ammo. It seems to work well for me, YMMV.

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads

Glock 19

My old Glock 19, it just keeps on working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok guys, because of this thread I am actively seeking a III gen 19 to purchase. new or used, the question is what are the prices you are seeing in your area, so I can compare them to what i'm seeing locally, new or used doesnot matter.

currently have a gen II 17 and took out last week for the first time since purchasing it 8 years ago, paid $350, from another deputy that was short on money.
    Last edited by 103m 95g; 1 April 2008 at 03:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gen III Glock 19 with factory sights run around $499 in Fayetteville, NC.

Gunbroker.com sells them for a bit less, but when you factor shipping and the transfer fee....

BRD Jerm Guest
    i had one for years and had to get rid of it in a pinch,a few years back.

getting ready to pick up another before summer,to go back to as my CC pistol.

i can think of prettier guns and triggers i like better...

but the price+reliability+concealability+capacity = just cant be beat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard the G19 referred to as the "AK47 of Pistols". I'm not an AK fan, so really don't know if that is a compliment. :D

The G19 is small enough to conceal easily, but is still a "full size" pistol.

They work right out of the box. Buy it, load it and shoot it.

They are reasonably priced. For what other defensive oriented pistols cost and cost to get working properly, you can have two G19s . . . and probably some ammunition for both as well. as an example, the last two G19s I bought for $400 (good guy price) and in the same store the last Kimber I bought was $850, then I spent a couple hundred on various parts.

One of my G19s has over 100,000 rounds through it and I still use it. It's gone through a few recoil spring assemblies, but still works like new. My brother has requested that I will that pistol to him and he will in turn see that my nephew gets it when he is gone.

Hard to beat that kind of pistol

SuperDave Guest

Smile AK Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Hojutsu View Post
    I have heard the G19 referred to as the "AK47 of Pistols". I'm not an AK fan, so really don't know if that is a compliment. :D

Maybe it's because we started to issue them to Iraqi Police... Now all we need is a wood grain Glock 19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aright boys I blame all of you for my being in the dog house.
    j/k
    Picked up a 19 today with special LE pricing came with three 15rn mags, then went to a second local shop and picked up 2 more mags.
    I plan on adding night sights, but which type, Trijicon, mepro, or the truglow(fiberoptic/tritum combo), I'm leaning toward the mepros
    what do you recomend for a concealed carry type holster(leather/plastic) and is it feasable to carry the 19 in an ankle rig as a backup. I wear Danner FT.Lewis boots on duty.
    Pic's to follow

Last edited by 103m 95g; 25 April 2008 at 12:50. Reason: add photo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Mepros and have them on all of my Glocks. The G-19 wouldnt be my first choice for an ankle gun. I would rather have a G-26 in my pocket or IWB covered by your duty belt.

JAH-23 Guest
    With the love that the 19 gets, I'm really considering switching my 23 over to the 19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH-23 View Post
    With the love that the 19 gets, I'm really considering switching my 23 over to the 19.
    Buy a drop in barrel and some mag followers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

BRD Jerm Guest
    yeah,i dont think it would work in an ankle holster(maybe with some really baggy pants).i always carried mine IWB,it was nice and comfy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back to the top, after carring the G19 for a little over a yearand ~1500 rounds down range, I decided to give him a little sister. I picked this 26 up yesterday. now I'm looking into ankle rigs w/and w/o duty boots, IWB holsters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two 19s and a 26. The 26 gets most of the carry time, seems to conceal alittle better. I have a few other pistols also BUT if I could only have one it would without a doubt be the 19.I think this thread proves what a great pistol it is...