Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I was seriously considering picking that knife up until I saw it was AUS8 steel. For that coin I expected a S30V or VG-10 blade material. How well does that blade hold an edge with that steel? I have 2 Emersons with AUS8 steel blades that get straight razor sharp but horrible for retention of the edge.
    Remember, this isn't a utility knife.

Two times it should used - once is for checking its sharpness and the other is on people.

It comes with a trainer for a reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then a stick would work for both purposes?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The cost is what it is because it is worth it. You don't just get a blade that's hand made, you get a trainer and sheath that's ambi and fits both trainer and blade perfectly.

The blade itself has a serious pedigree which only a few others can even remotely touch.

For CCW, it is the best on the market, without a doubt.
    Voodoo

Didn't mean to say the price was out of line with it's pedigree and quality, just that I'd like, make that love, to have one, but not $500 worth of love. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject of knives or knife fighting, at that, but I think that there are a bunch of knives that will get the job done equally well, for far less than $500 bucks. People die by a knife everyday. I seriously doubt that 1/1000 of them do the deed with $500 knives. Delta guy's, S.E.A.L's LEO, and martial artists well versed in knife fighting, maybe.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Voodoo

Didn't mean to say the price was out of line with it's pedigree and quality, just that I'd like, make that love, to have one, but not $500 worth of love. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject of knives or knife fighting, at that, but I think that there are a bunch of knives that will get the job done equally well, for far less than $500 bucks. People die by a knife everyday. I seriously doubt that 1/1000 of them do the deed with $500 knives. Delta guy's, S.E.A.L's LEO, and martial artists well versed in knife fighting, maybe.

FT
    Fact of the matter is that just as all things, the vast majority of people do not understand blades in any capacity. "OH ITS SO SHARPPP!!!" "OMG IT LOOKS SO DANGEROUS!!!" are not things that actually make a blade better at doing the job it was designed for.

That same majority of people love cheap shit. It's the timex vs. rolex / honda vs. ferrari argument, except a blade like this is not only designed to give you the upper hand in a situation which requires its implementation, but it provides for the training required. All of which was created then broken down and recreated in order to support proper mindset application this type of weapon system.

People always ask me why this know is so special and why would it be better than a $50 CRKT or TDI of a similar design. The answer is pretty simple once I remove the above content/context. How much is your life worth? Are you willing to put your life on the line using a $50 blade made in some unknown place? These are weapons after all, and the point of having it is to train with it and be able to use it effectively and efficiently. If you can find me a $50 blade which comes with a trainer, an ambi sheath and an entire mindset protocol/teaching formula behind it which even comes to 1/10th of that which this is designed with, I would give it a try, but not really.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the STRENGTH of a grizzly, the reflexes of a PUMA, and the wisdom of a man", Rex Kwan Do from Napoleon Dynamite.

If the trainer could do all that I would down with getting one. I'm lying, I just use my knives break down the boxes from my Wife's Amazon Prime shipments.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fact of the matter is that just as all things, the vast majority of people do not understand blades in any capacity. "OH ITS SO SHARPPP!!!" "OMG IT LOOKS SO DANGEROUS!!!" are not things that actually make a blade better at doing the job it was designed for.

That same majority of people love cheap shit. It's the timex vs. rolex / honda vs. ferrari argument, except a blade like this is not only designed to give you the upper hand in a situation which requires its implementation, but it provides for the training required. All of which was created then broken down and recreated in order to support proper mindset application this type of weapon system.

People always ask me why this know is so special and why would it be better than a $50 CRKT or TDI of a similar design. The answer is pretty simple once I remove the above content/context. How much is your life worth? Are you willing to put your life on the line using a $50 blade made in some unknown place? These are weapons after all, and the point of having it is to train with it and be able to use it effectively and efficiently. If you can find me a $50 blade which comes with a trainer, an ambi sheath and an entire mindset protocol/teaching formula behind it which even comes to 1/10th of that which this is designed with, I would give it a try, but not really.
    Not etirely. What you spend and believe is your business, but at $500, which is the beginning of the mid-tech price range, all the design, and accessories and chi in the world don't matter if the material isn't the equal of the craftsmanship. That puts the "good enough" argument on the steel, which is known for easy sharpening and poor edge retention.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Not etirely. What you spend and believe is your business, but at $500, which is the beginning of the mid-tech price range, all the design, and accessories and chi in the world don't matter if the material isn't the equal of the craftsmanship. That puts the "good enough" argument on the steel, which is known for easy sharpening and poor edge retention.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Again, what makes the edge dull? Use? How can there be use other than on a person...?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Survival, body armor, hell, heavy cardboard dulls carbon steels, nevermind cordura that most vests and carriers are made from. Even the grind matters. Micro bevels help thick stock, a medium coarse hone wears better than a super fine one, and so forth. The people that strop their edge to a mirror shine don't know they're creating a less durable edge. Knowing where to strike and having a fighting style gives a person more than an edge (pun), but by the same method a stick can be used just as effectively in the hands of a trained fighter. Walk into a room and look at what you would kill a person with if you had to...
    Last edited by Joelski; 17 February 2017 at 15:51.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where did you come up with a $50 price point, maybe your imagination. I know the difference between a flea market knife, and a $500 knife. No where in my comment did I insult you or that knife, only kudo's for it's construction. In fact, I went to your site with the intention of possibly buying one, until I saw the price. Apparently you have a deep rooted affinity for the thing, so love away. Don't take a post which was complimentary to the damn thing, and wipe your ass on it.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 17 February 2017 at 16:02.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Where did you come up with a $50 price point, maybe your imagination. I know the difference between a flea market knife, and a $500 knife. No where in my comment did I insult you or that knife, only kudo's for it's construction. In fact, I went to your site with the intention of possibly buying one, until I saw the price. Apparently you have a deep rooted affinity for the thing, so love away. Don't take a post which was complimentary to the damn thing, and wipe your ass on it.

FT
    Please don't take my random arbitrary number I picked out of no where as some sort of slight against you or your post. It was not nor was it meant to be one.

The affinity is for my life and for my survival.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ Wicked !!