Downloads
    Uploads

Your First Knife

I recently received a box from my mother as she was cleaning out her house and wanted me to have some of my stuff as a kid. Included in the box was a few knives that I had as a young lad (probably around 10 or so). One was my first multi-tool that I had in Cub/Boy Scouts and the other was a hunting knife that my dad gave to me.

Do you remember your first knife/knives? Do you still have them? Post 'em if you got 'em.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    First knife still got it. Grandfather gave me this Soligen Carl Schlieper knife to use for turning little bulls into little steers. It's been a long 24 years but I will always remember this knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry fellas... guess I misjudged my abilities to fit in.

Thanks for allowing me to post.

^..^
    Last edited by Hellraiser; 7 November 2013 at 21:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reviving an old thread ...

Saw the thread and did some searching. Found my first knife circa 1960. I did not clean it up for the photo, but put it with the other items I found with it.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first knife was a cheap Barlow folder. It got taken away and my Dad still has it. My second knife was a swiss army knife. I still have it hanging on a peg on my work bench.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    I recently received a box from my mother as she was cleaning out her house and wanted me to have some of my stuff as a kid. Included in the box was a few knives that I had as a young lad (probably around 10 or so). One was my first multi-tool that I had in Cub/Boy Scouts and the other was a hunting knife that my dad gave to me.

Do you remember your first knife/knives? Do you still have them? Post 'em if you got 'em.
    I have the same knife as your 2nd one. It was my Dad's Boy Scout knife and became my 1st knife. Mine is a lot more worn than that one though. I've used it a LOT over the last 40+ years.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Reviving an old thread ...

Saw the thread and did some searching. Found my first knife circa 1960. I did not clean it up for the photo, but put it with the other items I found with it.
    Wish I still had my Boy Scout stuff Jerry. I don't even know what happened to it. I went to the Navy and it was with my Mom. She moved a few times and it was 11 years later when I went to Ma. and rented a large house so she could stay with me when she had cancer and was dying. My stuff from when I was a kid could have ended up at my grandmothers or with my brother during that time. I know she sold the GI Joes. She may have sold other items also. The meds were costing a small fortune. The one knife I had with me in the Navy, that's why I still have it.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to get a picture of it. It's an oooollldddd Buck 3-bladed folder from my Grand dad. My dad was always worried that I was going to cut my fingers off since it didn't have a locking blade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if my 1st. grade teacher still has mine

Downloads
    Uploads

made in Japan Saber
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I wonder if my 1st. grade teacher still has mine
    I'll bet no, but I'll also bet that the principal of the school is where it went too

Downloads
    Uploads
    My elementary school principal was a woman. My guess is the gym teacher got it. He was married to my teacher. Lol