Downloads
    Uploads

Picture request thread?

I could have sworn there was a request thread, but I can't find it. I also swear that Stickman had posted a 12.5" upper with either a KAC 3.1 or a Centurion Arms 10" rail. What am I missing? I swear it's here, but can someone point me in the right direction for either?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could have missed it, but didn't recall seeing it.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Let me know if you need more, those are just a couple I dug up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much. I think I found one or two more of yours today when I was Googling...I mean working. Is there any chance you have a 12.5" with a KAC URX 3.1 10.75 handguard? I think I'm leaning that way, but the CA is a close contender. If Fortis made a 10.5-ish rail, the deal would be done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just revisiting this as I'm dangerously close to making a decision...

I think I've dropped the idea of a URX 3.1 just because of the limited positions you can put a handstop/VFG. So now it's down to a 10.75" URX II or a CA 10" rail. Is there any chance anyone has a pic comparing the actual length difference between the two? I know what the numbers say, but since the KAC rails are kind of scalloped on the forward end, it's hard to tell if it really matters. I have a URX II 10.75 on my SR-15 upper and like it, but installing a CA would obviously much simpler on a new build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No help this time ... I don't have any pictures of a 10.75 and a Centurion 10" together. In the process of reorganizing, so you'll probably make a decision before I find everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe, maybe not. I still have a few more months. If you happen across something, I'll welcome it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gator,

Here's the 10" Centurion C4 and the URX 10.75 side by side. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures, but I don't access the supplemental armory often. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gracias, senor.

Just when I thought that the CA was the way to go, now this. That extra 3/4" is welcome for my orangutan arms...but I don't really "need" the front sight. <Sigh>.... Thanks for making this harder...

Seriously, though, thanks for the pics. I'll have to figure this out "soon" since this is the last piece I need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the URX 3.1 a lot more than the URX II. I know you were considering the 3.1 earlier, but decided against it because of the limited positions you can put a grip or handstop. I feel your pain on that because I ended up having to pay $90 for a URX 3.1 accessory kit, just for a few rail covers and 1913 rails to bolt on. However, once I got the kit, I was able to attach what I wanted, where I wanted. Then again, like I mentioned there is that extra $90 cost.

What is the cost difference between a C4 and a URX II rail these days? And why does it have to be between 10-10.75" rails again?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

What is the cost difference between a C4 and a URX II rail these days? And why does it have to be between 10-10.75" rails again?
    I haven't really dug into the prices yet, since I'm not quite ready to purchase. I think the MSRP for a KAC is $300, but with a mil discount, I think that comes down. If I remember correctly, the CA will beat the KAC on price, even after any discount.

The rail length can probably go out to ~11.25". It's for a 12.5", CA-barreled upper that will be running a SF 556MB and can, and anything longer will interfere with the can. I have all the parts (and the stamp for the lower last week!) except the rail, but still have time to obsess about it for a few more weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread has kind of devolved into my own rail thread, which wasn't my intention, but...

I am paralyzed with indecision! I think I've settled on the URX 3.1, but the CA is still nice. Price-wise, CA is the way to go, especially after install (I don't have KAC tools), but it seems like the 3.1/II gives me the most for what I'm looking for, and I don't really need the sight on the II. <sigh>

Downloads
    Uploads
    haha gatordev then I will help you out. Would like to see the Noveske KX5/3 on a 14.5" barrel with a Odin Works 15.5" KMod Forend? Maybe one of you guys have a picture of it somewhere?