Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicator View Post
    I run the Hornady. Dillon makes a great product tho(of course you'll pay for it). The guy that teaches my reloading class doesn't like RCBS presses, but that's all personal preferences. Hornady has the nice lock-n-load bushings that allow you to change all your dies quickly without having to worry about messing up your settings.
    Dies are all universal, I know if you get a progressive press you WILL end up with a single station press too.

As for your original question I haven't seen a kit. It's usually just pieced together. Starting list off the top of my head:
    Press
    Dies
    Shell holder/plate
    Tumbler
    Chamfer/deburring tool
    Case trimmer
    Caliper
    Scale for measuring your powder weights

Posted while my co-worker is getting electrocuted.
    I use the Rockchucker from RCBS, Complete kit for less than $400, I also have a Square Deal from Dillon (Lifetime Warranty), superb but for Pistol calibers only.

Any Press will get it done, stay with one of the Name Brands, RCBS, Dillon, Hornady, or Lee. Start with a Single Stage, then after a lot of experience, consider a Progressive. No point in spending $1K Plus, to see if you want to continue. Go with the single stage press, then see what develops.

Good Luck
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reviving this for you for some motivation...or whatever....went over to my old mans. Where i reload and dialed in my new hornady powder measure, which works awesome..made up about 400 55gr plinking loads wiithin a few hours, all while bs'ing with my dad, bench is a little small as this was about 250 of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's awesome. Still have my eye set on a Lyman's Rotary Press. Just to many projects going on now.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well then, this thread needs to be subbed!! I too have been thinking about reloading. Shooting 30-06 gets a tad bit more expensive than shooting .223. I've been doing lots of reading and even watching hickok45 reloading videos and explanation, boy, there's a lot more to it than I thought. However, we all have to start somewhere, right?

It'll be a bit before I start start reloading (space limitation), but have been collecting brass since I was able to pull the trigger.
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    MustangFreak thats a sweet looking setup.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Haha..not much..just the basics really, self built load blocks,DIY PM stand, single stage..lol...but it gets it done and i can get in a rythym and cook them out pretty fast..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have nearly everything I need to get going except for the actual bench, which my father and I will build. Have a Dillon XL650 we will be using to mass produce plinking ammo, but for the precision stuff I'm gonna pick up a single stage so I can get more precise measurements, etc. looking forward to following this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Now that i look at the picture, that was what exactly one pound of AA2230 powder and 55gr hornaday fmj's..Just shy of 300..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reloading can be so much more than economics. I used to love to do the simple things for my dad when I was a kid like lube the caseings and knock out primers. Since its a little simpler he used to put me on the shot shell press with a bucket of hulls and let me go to town with it during some of his reloading sessions on the rifle press. Now we still load together though I'm much more involved these days working up my own loads like the 130gr partitions I'm working up for my 6.8 and I still go to him for advise. Nothing like taking a deer with a custom round you personally put together, very satisfying. It's a skill every hunter/shooter should learn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the Lee breech lock hand press and like it so far