Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    shooting with a friend today, his m&p wouldn't fire. look at the primers they all had very, very light strikes. I field stripped it and it had this thick sticky film in it, he told me it was froglube and had been sitting for about 2 months. I squirted some fireclean in the striker and down the fireing pin hole. racked it and dry fired it several times and it functioned the rest of the afternoon. then we shot skeet, his over and under would only fire the top barrel. he used frog lube on it too. I will say, I don't know if or how he prepped, or how much he used to lube. I do know that in the past when I used frog lube after sitting for a while turned sticky too .
    I have heard of other people with this problem too. In fact this is the 3rd or 4th (at least) case of this that I have heard of... and yet another reason why people are switching to Seal 1.

All that said though, if he took his gun apart and warmed it up with a hair dryer it would have probably solved his problem.

I haven't gotten that far with Seal 1 yet, but with most cleaning things when you let them sit for a while, exposed to the air, eventually they will dry up. The lighter elements will eventually evaporate and it will leave 'something' on the metal. I would only guess Froglube is the same.

With me though, ANY gun with ANY cleaning product, if it hasn't been shot for two months I would think it wise to give it a once over before going and pulling the trigger at a range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    shooting with a friend today, his m&p wouldn't fire. look at the primers they all had very, very light strikes. I field stripped it and it had this thick sticky film in it, he told me it was froglube and had been sitting for about 2 months. I squirted some fireclean in the striker and down the fireing pin hole. racked it and dry fired it several times and it functioned the rest of the afternoon. then we shot skeet, his over and under would only fire the top barrel. he used frog lube on it too. I will say, I don't know if or how he prepped, or how much he used to lube. I do know that in the past when I used frog lube after sitting for a while turned sticky too .
    I would refer him to the manual that came with his Glock, and how to properly lubricate it. Squirting plant-bio based goop, or anything else down the striker channel is a no-no. Improperly lubricating a Glock, with anything, can cause problems. There are about 5 or 6 points that Glock recommends be lubricated, and sparingly at that. Many folks don't think too highly of those engineers at Glock, and tend to substitute their own reality with theirs, and that is one of the most common causes of failures of Glock pistols. Both SEAL 1 and Froglube are very similar products, and both will turn a little sticky after setting for a while. That is generally caused by folks ignoring the instructions on how to use the products, e.g. heating the parts to about 100 degrees, applying and wiping off excess. Too many people again, don't believe the chemists and engineers that designed the stuff, reject their ideas , come up with their own ideas about how a product should REALLY be used, and slather the stuff everywhere.

If you watch the youtube videos, from the makers, not the youboob idiots, you will be amazed how very little fire clean and other like products they actually instruct folks to use.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I would refer him to the manual that came with his Glock, and how to properly lubricate it. Squirting plant-bio based goop, or anything else down the striker channel is a no-no. Improperly lubricating a Glock, with anything, can cause problems. There are about 5 or 6 points that Glock recommends be lubricated, and sparingly at that. Many folks don't think too highly of those engineers at Glock, and tend to substitute their own reality with theirs, and that is one of the most common causes of failures of Glock pistols. Both SEAL 1 and Froglube are very similar products, and both will turn a little sticky after setting for a while. That is generally caused by folks ignoring the instructions on how to use the products, e.g. heating the parts to about 100 degrees, applying and wiping off excess. Too many people again, don't believe the chemists and engineers that designed the stuff, reject their ideas , come up with their own ideas about how a product should REALLY be used, and slather the stuff everywhere.

If you watch the youtube videos, from the makers, not the youboob idiots, you will be amazed how very little fire clean and other like products they actually instruct folks to use.
    Dudes don't need maps and dudes don't need no stinkin' instruction manuals. Now what's this bag of extra bolts I have left over for? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Dudes don't need maps and dudes don't need no stinkin' instruction manuals. Now what's this bag of extra bolts I have left over for? :)
    Yeah, and you can easily spot them from a distance, they're the guys with 3 fingers missing on their (former) shooting hands....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, but unlike the S1 and FL, FC can be used in excess without any "special" problems not inherent in more "common" CLP's. It's like like regular "CLP", except better, in every way, with no weird "but it will turn to glue if you use too much..." disclaimers attached.

Downloads
    Uploads
    like i said, we were in the field, i didn't have a can of degreaser, so i squirted the only lube i had, fire clean, in the striker area to try to UNGLUE it. btw, the M&P has been his carry pistol. good thing he hasn't ran into trouble. it would have been a bad day.
    lesson to be learned, one i would say read and follow directions on the label. and two, regular maint. on your carry pistol.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    If Fireclean was a little cheaper I'd probably give it a try. I'm still using Slip 2000 EWL and FP10, both have been great. I personally think for the price FP10 may be the best lube out there.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you haven't tried FP10 I highly recommend it. It's good to -75 degrees and applies like a regular lube.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/189...te-4-oz-liquid
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same happen with my FNX-T. Which happened after I wrote my last post about my AK...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use both and like both. Froglube must be made from bacon grease or something pretty close. It smells like mint.

Fireclean - great on the bolt. Froglube everywhere else. Froglube on 1911 rails, Glocks, etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If you haven't tried FP10 I highly recommend it. It's good to -75 degrees and applies like a regular lube.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/189...te-4-oz-liquid
    ...heard good things about it....it comes with all Dan wesson pistols...........

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been using Slip 2000 and the 725 for the last year and a half. I have no complaints with it, and I bought the spray bottle size of Slip 2K, so I probably won't need to buy more lube for a long time. I used Froglube once to clean and lubricate my duty gun after quals. I don't remember being blown away by how easy it was to clean the gun, but I do remember the minty smell, which I thought was cool. The other thing that impressed me about it was that it seemed to stay in place much longer than M-Pro 7, Breakfree CLP, and to a lesser extent, Slip 2K. No big deal, as I try to re-lubricate at least once every 2 weeks. I have been very interested in Fireclean, but because I already have so much lube, I'm not going to buy more just to try it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If Fireclean was a little cheaper I'd probably give it a try. I'm still using Slip 2000 EWL and FP10, both have been great. I personally think for the price FP10 may be the best lube out there.
    I'm right there with you on the Fireclean. They're awful proud of that stuff. Slip 2000 works great for just about all applications for me. Although i do lube my Sig pistols with TW25B grease. I'm going to have to try the FP10 now.