Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
shooting with a friend today, his m&p wouldn't fire. look at the primers they all had very, very light strikes. I field stripped it and it had this thick sticky film in it, he told me it was froglube and had been sitting for about 2 months. I squirted some fireclean in the striker and down the fireing pin hole. racked it and dry fired it several times and it functioned the rest of the afternoon. then we shot skeet, his over and under would only fire the top barrel. he used frog lube on it too. I will say, I don't know if or how he prepped, or how much he used to lube. I do know that in the past when I used frog lube after sitting for a while turned sticky too .
I have heard of other people with this problem too. In fact this is the 3rd or 4th (at least) case of this that I have heard of... and yet another reason why people are switching to Seal 1.

All that said though, if he took his gun apart and warmed it up with a hair dryer it would have probably solved his problem.

I haven't gotten that far with Seal 1 yet, but with most cleaning things when you let them sit for a while, exposed to the air, eventually they will dry up. The lighter elements will eventually evaporate and it will leave 'something' on the metal. I would only guess Froglube is the same.

With me though, ANY gun with ANY cleaning product, if it hasn't been shot for two months I would think it wise to give it a once over before going and pulling the trigger at a range.