Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Is there a code for that price at SKD? Currently showing "in stock" but $408
    Add it to the cart :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SKD was running their 13% off everything sale, until a few minutes ago. Discount applied after added to cart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd get it from skd Tactical if you want it this year on the above deal you mentioned.

It was out of stock at PSA before i puleld the trigger..plus the last 2 orders fro mthem for small parts took over 3 weeks...

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those interested, Palmetto has two under $500 deals for flat top uppers with BCG and CH included. One is a mid-length upper, the other a "premium" carbine upper. They had the $299 special back this morning, but its gone already. I don't know and/or vouch for the quality of these uppers/parts, so caveat emptor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    For those interested, Palmetto has two under $500 deals for flat top uppers with BCG and CH included. One is a mid-length upper, the other a "premium" carbine upper. They had the $299 special back this morning, but its gone already. I don't know and/or vouch for the quality of these uppers/parts, so caveat emptor.
    You have to wonder how they make any money selling complete uppers for $299. I guess everyone has excess inventory after the frenzy died out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You have to wonder how they make any money selling complete uppers for $299. I guess everyone has excess inventory after the frenzy died out.
    It's a head scratcher....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Maybe they just do it to draw extra traffic? I know for sure big commercial stores like Wal-Mart do this all the time ... sell some products at a loss just to get people in the store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Maybe they just do it to draw extra traffic? I know for sure big commercial stores like Wal-Mart do this all the time ... sell some products at a loss just to get people in the store.
    Well that's possible, but their new PTAC line seems to be the loss leader. I know there has been some chatter on other forums asking what kind of QC and materials are being used. If anyone gets one of their PTAC uppers and/or other components, I'd be curious to see what kind of review or thoughts they could post about them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently picked up several of their "PTAC 5.56 Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group with Charging Handle".

They look very nice, with good machining. The gas key staking is the best, most consistent I've ever seen. They look better than many factory BCG's I've owned.

There are no indications that they are MP tested, but they claim to use the right materials.

Of course it's impossible to tell if a component like this is truly quality until it's been thoroughly tested. It will be some time before I can vouch for that.

I'll take some photos when I have time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my PSA order today. 2 Blem Lowers, which looked fine, but then they sent me 6061 Receiver Extensions when I ordered 7075...but then threw in 2 LPK's I didn't order... *sigh* ... PSA I will likely not order from you again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mix ups can be good or bad. When I ordered a QMS from PSA they sent me an ACT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Got my PSA order today. 2 Blem Lowers, which looked fine, but then they sent me 6061 Receiver Extensions when I ordered 7075...but then threw in 2 LPK's I didn't order... *sigh* ... PSA I will likely not order from you again.
    My last 2 orders have been messed up and the fact that both took 3 weeks to get to me and then send them back and another week or two to get my order right...screw that i say also..have ordered little parts in the past from white oak armament and always fast shipping and cheap shipping..

I have wrote off PSA for a while also..

Downloads
    Uploads
    They must like me better than you guys I've received 3 separate perfect orders recently from PSA, with only a short wait and I am more than happy with the products. Sucks to hear y'all are having trouble with them. They've been great for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can understand the frustration with PSA in the last 18 months, but like MoxyDave, I've just had good luck. I usually only order ammo from them, but my last order was 1K of 5.56/.223 and a couple of .308 PMags. I couldn't check the order until Xmas, and everything was fine. While it may take a week to process, as long as I plan ahead, I end up with what I ordered.

Downloads
    Uploads

PTAC BCG Photos

This one's been greased up a little since it was already installed, but you can see they look pretty legit: