Downloads
    Uploads

SLR Rifleworks Solo Handguards

From SLR Rifleworks, their new Solo Series Handguards. These aren't listed on their website, so this is just a sneak preview.

1st run of 13" is complete.
    Getting hardcoat now, then laser engraving
    Should be available first week of December

SLR Solo Series

6061 Extrusion 1.3" ID
    Lightweight Design 13" 11oz
    Super slim profile
    QMod sides and bottom . 29 QD Swivel Positions...

New shorter, lighter barrel nut.
    No special tools needed for barrel nut, no timing, no shims.
    Barrel nut can be loosened with gas tube in place.

New clamp system fully shrouds clamp hardware

4140 Billet or 7075 Billet barrel nut option. (7075 nut is a scant .96oz)

Proven anti-rotation and anti slip system.

13" Solo $199.99

More details, photos coming.

Let us know what other lengths you are interested in.

We are working on a 15" 3 Gun HG as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's folks take on the picatinny rails at the ends of tubes like this?

Mine is that they are not only pointless on a Keymod tube but are even in the way. Is the thinking that we are going to use them for lights and bipods?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it, either. I've commented before that companies obviously aren't 100% committed to keymod when they release a handguard like this. Considering there aren't even any keymod vertical foregrips available, the only thing you might use the keymod slots for are rail covers. The 1913 rails at the muzzle end take up the prime spots where existing keymod accessories, such as light mounts, would reside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Mine is that they are not only pointless on a Keymod tube but are even in the way. Is the thinking that we are going to use them for lights and bipods?
    I think they need to decide whether it's a KeyMod/quad/rail with attachment points. Not a hybrid. I don't think the far far end is the optimal position for everyone's light setup. I don't use bipods for the most part.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

...I like them, it functions as an effective hand stop/locator without going thru the additional expense of buying new kit for that purpose .

It also allows you to use existing equipment you may have such as lights, lasers, IR & NV eqpt that you already own and use in those locations on existing picatinny rails, no additional expense or re-training with new equipment required.

If you want or need to do a complete equipment swap out and can afford to do so, have at it, I'm just glad Todd @SLR makes more than one model of handguards to cover as many bases as his products do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never seen these before. They look pretty bad ass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think once more keymod accessories hit the market rails with both keymod and picatinny rails will go away. I have a Geissele MK4 without the keymod which I personally think looks a lot better than the keymod version. I may try a keymod rail on my next build though.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I don't really think they make sense, you're restricting mounting options at the end to just 12, 3, 6 and 9 while adding more weight for really no reason. Who really has accessories mounted all around the clock like that and therefore needs all those? Forends like these just use keymod as a smooth place to put your hand, which is completely missing the point.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    SLR makes a few different versions now, including full keymod all the way to the end, and a version that only has picatinny at the 12 o'clock at the very end, leaving it smooth for 75% of the top rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have pics on their own build? Seriously considering using these for my next upper.

Downloads
    Uploads