Downloads
    Uploads

Wolf "Gold" Ammo?

I don't know how long this product line has been out, but I'm just seeing a lot about it lately. I'm referring to Wolf's Gold 5.56 ammo. Brass cases and traditional Copper/Lead bullets.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Is it cleaner burning? Their pistol ammo makes my Glocks and M&P's look like someone poured the remnants of a charcoal grill inside my weapons.

Is it any cheaper than American made, which for the most part, back down to 50 cents a round or a bit cheaper.

In my neck of the woods, ammo is pretty much coming back on-line in the various outlets and LGS's, but finding reloading components is still a very frustrating no-go. So, I'm consuming commercially loaded stuff.

Thanks Ahead,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

this is what mac had to say
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, just barely under .36 cents a round ( 1K round case). One thing that he didn't mention in the video, it's been my experience that Wolf has some of the dirtiest powder I've ever used, based on personal experience with their pistol and steel case rifle ammo.
    A number of people I've talked to have pretty much expressed the same sentiment. Given it's reputation for being dirty, I'm surprised that he didn't mention it. Well, thanks for posting this, it appears that the ammo seems to be of good quality, maybe someone else will come along and address the other issue, namely how relatively clean (or not) it is.

Again, thanks.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't this stuff made in Taiwan?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Isn't this stuff made in Taiwan?
    Yes, Kevin, according to the video.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered 20 boxes today, based on what I saw on the MAC video. I thought I'd try that rather than commit to a case or two, possibly to find it doesn't live up to the video. Looks good in the video, though, brass, annealed, sealed primer pocket and sealed cannelure (spell?). Non-corrosive Boxer Primed, FMJ copper/lead. Reloadable. Will probably shoot a box or two, and then if it works out well, maybe order a case or two for storage. Will be curious to see, but if it's good stuff, at 39 cents a round for reloadable brass, it may be hard to beat.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger