Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .308 thoughts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice....

What size if the night force scope?
    2.5-10x32

Really wanted a 2.5-10x24 but those are no longer available in the consumer market. Probably just as well, because it's very unforgiving.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That rail matches the MATEN really well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    That rail matches the MATEN really well.
    You know it really does. For those interested in "color matching" it's pretty close. I also like the profile of the Switch Rail a lot more than the REV rail. It's a lot more comfortable when shooting for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That rails growing on me, quit posting pics of it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You know it really does. For those interested in "color matching" it's pretty close. I also like the profile of the Switch Rail a lot more than the REV rail. It's a lot more comfortable when shooting for me.
    The lines flow from the receiver to the rail, just about perfectly. If I don pick up a new MA-TEN set, I will have to go with that rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [/QUOTE]So far, very pleased with the first one with the 16" Mega Barrel, a lot more accurate than I am so far.[/QUOTE]

How does it compare so far with the 16" Rainier Arms barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    So far, very pleased with the first one with the 16" Mega Barrel, a lot more accurate than I am so far.

How does it compare so far with the 16" Rainier Arms barrel?
    I find that the Mega Barrel is a 1 MOA barrel as advertised with match ammo. I put the Mega Barrel on par with Rainier's Select and Match line. I can shoot marginally better with the Ultramatch line, but at that point the equipment is better than my ability.

The Select line in my opinion is the best bargain going in terms of cost/performance in my opinion. I did a review several years ago and posted it here on the 5.56 Select line. Although Rainier gets their barrels from different manufacturers between the Select and Match line, I don't think most shooters will notice the performance difference and would do better with the Select line, which as I said in my opinion one of the best bargains out there.

I'm not sure where Mega sources their barrels as I know they don't do them in house. Once I get to do some longer range testing I'll report back on how it does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been considering either a Noveske 10.2" 300 AAC or the Rainier 10.5". Don't know which Rainier though, to many options is a good thing. Select, Match or Ultra Match? Between the 4 barrels which would you pick? I will be shooting supersonic, can't afford a supressor for the time being.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the first 10 sets are in at Rainier. I was saving my .308 parts for a CMT Set, so there goes the budget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks like the first 10 sets are in at Rainier. I was saving my .308 parts for a CMT Set, so there goes the budget.

Why? Why would you show this to me now? /cry That is one sexy set right there... might have to talk the wife into wanting a SPR build and do it in 308
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn..<.----drooling.....Nice..