Downloads
    Uploads

Ferfrans CQB Modular Muzzle Brake System

Rainier Arms is offering these Ferfrans CQB Modular Brake Systems right now and I thought it was an interesting concept. It's basically a 3 port brake with a shroud. Since everyone knows that it can be brutal standing next to the guy shooting a brake, this muzzle device includes what is called a Concussion Reduction Device, for the times you don't want to rattle your buddies teeth next to you. I'll be curious to read the reviews on this one.

Check out Ferfrans on their website here or http://www.ferfrans.net/products

The new Ferfrans CQB Modular Muzzle Brake System is a two part system consisting of the performance MUZZLE BRAKE MOUNT + CRD (Concussion Reduction Device) which features a built in quick attach/detach mechanism.

Muzzle Brake Mount Specs:

Weight - 4.0 oz
    Length - 2.28"
    Brake Thread Pattern - 1/2x28
    Caliber - (.223/556)
    CRD (Concussion Reduction Device) Specs:
    Length - 2.17"
    Width - 1.6" Diameter
    Total weight of the system combined is 10.4 ounces.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can get the measurements just right would almost look like an extension to the rail. This would look nice on a pistol build with minimal space between rail and muzzle device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sort of want to test this thing out, I don't know though...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    If you can get the measurements just right would almost look like an extension to the rail. This would look nice on a pistol build with minimal space between rail and muzzle device

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleflash View Post
    That's a good looking. However, the million dollar question, how does the brake shoot with and without the shroud?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^--- reviews are a must! I like the look of the rail extension. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that's about right. And how does she run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's a good looking. However, the million dollar question, how does the brake shoot with and without the shroud?
    Fair enough.

As you can see from the pic, the CRD has strategically placed side ports that allow the muzzle brake to retain its compensator functionality as opposed to brake shields that cover the brake and negates its function.

With the CRD attached, you will feel more recoil than without the CRD because most of the propellant gasses are now being directed forward. But recoil feels like a slight, straight to the rear push (it's a softer recoil feel, not the typical sharp kick). The key, however, is that you still have a flat shooting rifle even with the CRD on with just a hint more felt recoil.

It is, of course, a compromise between reducing side concussion versus minimizing felt recoil. I believe an optimal balance of sufficient brake/ compensator functionality (muzzle leveling effect) and side concussion reduction has been achieved. The CRD has a quick detach/attach mechanism to allow you to easily switch back to a full brake whenever you.

So speaking of brake only function, it is a quintessnetial 3 port brake and, IMHO, opinion owrks just as good, if not slightly better at keeping the rifle shooting flat and minimizing felt recoil in full-auto compared to the best brakes on the market.

Here are a couple videos showing how it works:

THE BIG COLORADO / and where the army takes me
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is a cool new product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    High speed photo, by kuulapaa.com

THE BIG COLORADO / and where the army takes me
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High speed photo, by kuulapaa.com
    it is really nice to see people to take the time to do pictures like this. it just really help guys like me see and understand how "new" products work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    really awesome design.....but....how much impact can the outer shroud/shield take when mounted??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice high speed photo!

Downloads
    Uploads