Downloads
    Uploads

Seekins Precision 308 Receivers / Rifles

Borrowed from our buddy Ben at AR15News.com

Here is the first look at the brand new Seekins Precision .308 (7.62×51) rifle that will be unveiled this week at SHOT Show 2014. People have been begging Seekins to make .308 components and it looks like they are finally going to get what they’ve been asking for. The image below is the only one I have of the new rifle. According to Seekins Precision, the receivers are based on the SR25 pattern, will accept the popular Magpul 20LR .308 PMAGs and features full ambi controls such as ambi mag release and ambi bolt lock back and drop. The upper is part of the IRMT family in that the rail attaches directly to the upper instead of a removable barrel nut creating an extremely strong lockup.

Seekins Precision plans to sell these as complete rifles but will also be selling the uppers and lowers separately as well. According to Seekins the complete rifle will probably start at $2,400. Upper/lower kits will come with LPK minus trigger and selector and will cost around $700. They are still finalizing all of the details so these prices are not exact and might change. Look for more info and pics of this rifle on the Seekins Precision Facebook page and at www.SeekinsPrecision.com.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was pretty excited when I first saw this. If the price stary arouns $2400, this might be the gun that gets me into the .308 game.

Got my eye on the new .308 DMPS is showing at SHOT as well

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's Glen Seekins himself holding the new .308 rifle here at SHOT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know how much of the complete rifles will be made in house? I imagine they will of course use their rails and receivers. I'm guessing they will also use their own muzzle device and BCG's they've had in the works... but I wonder what the specs and materials will be for the barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seekins just released this picture of their SPX 308. Looks like they will be taking orders soon. The upper reminds me a little of the Mega MKM attachment.