Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Nothing wrong with having the "old" model. Whatever new comes out, the Raptor is still one of the best if not the best ambi charging handle on the market. Good companies however are always evolving, and improving their products, even if the improvements are considered minor. In this industry if you're not innovating or coming out with new products, you're dead in the water. As we can all see, just because your product is the flavor of the week, that doesn't mean next week it will be.

The proposed changes to the Raptor will not render your "old" Raptor obsolete, but NiB coated parts of it, may assist with lubricity and wear. Nothing is set in stone as far as I know at this point, so no need to get too worked over it.
    UW, I get all of that...problem with me is timing...would have loved for it to be NiB, but then again, I'm planning on disassembling it and getting it Cerakoted like the rest of the rifle. So, I guess I didn't miss out...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is cool, as i like my raptor now as is, but the fortis hammer, although feels noticeably different , that upper seems easier to rack the bcg with this ch compared to the raptor and std bcm on another...i know there are slight differences in other things to consider, but the NIB Hammer gun just feels smoother....Thats just dry firing the NIB one, hoping to get out real soon and test out another gun and the other new build..

...But Really, Im in for a NIB raptor......sign me up......... I'll gladly.....T &E for that...

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little revisiting of an old thread but in this pic of the new AXTS rifle you can see a NiB coated Raptor.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love Raptor charge handle. I am getting ready for another build and thinking if I should stick with another Raptor or try something else. =)
    +++++++++

Everyday is a good day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried the BCM ambi, LWRC ambi and the Raptor, I have to say I prefer the Raptor hands down but my interest is piqued with the new Mega one... Especially with the alleged price point of ~$40

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I've tried the BCM ambi, LWRC ambi and the Raptor, I have to say I prefer the Raptor hands down but my interest is piqued with the new Mega one... Especially with the alleged price point of ~$40

I also enjoy the raptor and also the Fortis hammer, have come to really like it...But also interested in the mega...Im on a picture thing today..so to continue it..raptor and hammers..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I also enjoy the raptor and also the Fortis hammer, have come to really like it...But also interested in the mega...Im on a picture thing today..so to continue it..raptor and hammers..

Which fortis finish do you prefer? I got the black colored one but am having a little buyers remorse

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly i love them both, Got the Nickolene coated one first and right away could tell a difference from a std. CH, then got the black "teflon" coated one and its been the same, just a good working part, I wish the raptors would offer a coated option..

Buyers remorse, no..I am digging these things and there tough..

Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms Ambi Raptor Charging handle

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Honestly i love them both, Got the Nickolene coated one first and right away could tell a difference from a std. CH, then got the black "teflon" coated one and its been the same, just a good working part, I wish the raptors would offer a coated option..

Buyers remorse, no..I am digging these things and there tough..
    Gost posted a NiB coated raptor by AXTS (sp?) .... But it's 120...

Maybe buyers remorse is a bit strong, more like I need its twin

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got 3 Raptors and love them. My only gripe with the Raptor has been the unequal length handles. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. The UCWRG version fixes that, but i'd like to see it as an option on other versions as well. I also really dig the monochromatic finish of the UCWRG version. Guess i'd better get another one while i can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the pic of the NiB coated one, but at $119.95 I think it's over priced.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post

interesting i wonder how it functions
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post

Damn… $120 for a charging handle? Too rich for my blood. Sure looks nice though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had WMD coat a Raptor for me last year. On a CH, I don't think it's worth the money, and definitely not worth $120!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I had WMD coat a Raptor for me last year. On a CH, I don't think it's worth the money, and definitely not worth $120!
    Was there anything that you didn't like specifically about the NiB coating? I'd assume it makes cleaning a breeze - not like its hard to clean a CH anyways.