Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Gold Ammo

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the record, the U.S. Army buys a lot of 62gr M855 ammo made in Taiwan with the headstamp "TAA". I've shot thousands of rounds of it and have probably ~500ct left. This is the same government arsenal that produces the Wolf Gold ammo.

Buy with confidence

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    For the record, the U.S. Army buys a lot of 62gr M855 ammo made in Taiwan with the headstamp "TAA". I've shot thousands of rounds of it and have probably ~500ct left. This is the same government arsenal that produces the Wolf Gold ammo.

Buy with confidence
    I was under the impression that M855 was made by X-treme Bullets. I was told that they make the bullets, which get bought by Federal --> LC --> Army. I could be wrong though, he didn't explicitly state M855; just a guess since that's a common round used by the Army.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I was under the impression that M855 was made by X-treme Bullets. I was told that they make the bullets, which get bought by Federal --> LC --> Army. I could be wrong though, he didn't explicitly state M855; just a guess since that's a common round used by the Army.

Hmmmm....Xtreme makes a variety of plated pistol bullets and a small assortment of jacketed rifle (mainly 55gr) and I buy a lot of each from them. I don't think they have the capability to produce the amount of ammunition the military consumes. It is a billion rounds a year or so.

M855 is a generic term for a specific type of round made by Lake City and others. I've seen headstamps when in the Army on our 62gr green tip of: LC, TAA (Taiwan), PMJ (Pousang in Korea), TZZ (Israel) and one or two others. The Army contacts from all over because during Clinton (IIRC), I believe the U.S. was reduced to just one ammo supplier so we outsourced

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm....Xtreme makes a variety of plated pistol bullets and a small assortment of jacketed rifle (mainly 55gr) and I buy a lot of each from them. I don't think they have the capability to produce the amount of ammunition the military consumes. It is a billion rounds a year or so.
    I believe X-Treme Bullets does make the 62gr M855 bullet (I believe this is the same). I'm not saying you're wrong; all I know is that an employee from X-Treme told me that Federal buys something from them, which then gets sent off to LC.

Interesting - I was always under the impression that the Army's 855 was manufactured over at LC, solely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to find a link between Xtreme bullets and Lake City using Google, but I'm not having any luck. My search strings might have a problem, but so far, nothing. I also would assume if they are selling 62 grain steel core bullets to Lake City, they would be available online for sales to the public instead of just 55gr FMJ. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would be really surprised if they were selling stuff to Lake City

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to find a link between Xtreme bullets and Lake City using Google, but I'm not having any luck. My search strings might have a problem, but so far, nothing. I also would assume if they are selling 62 grain steel core bullets to Lake City, they would be available online for sales to the public instead of just 55gr FMJ. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would be really surprised if they were selling stuff to Lake City
    Good point. Probably a stretch, but hypothetically if they make the 62gr round, maybe they're under some contractual agreement that they can't sell it in it's bullet-only form?

I don't know what X-Treme Bullet sells to LC or in what quantity, but that's what I was told.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lake City is the sole US supplier for M855 and would be purchasing direct. Federal should not have anything to do with purchasing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've shot several thousand rounds of the wolf gold. Ive been using it for over 5 years now. I have probably 1500 rounds on hand right now. Wish I could find the 75 grain stuff. That was great cheap ammo. 5 years ago I could regularly get it for $7 a box. I can't seem to find it reliably anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Naytwan check out the ammunitionstore dot com

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf-...59-p-4316.aspx $5.99/box $299 shipped for a case of 1K

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sgammo is 279 plus 16 shipping for 1000.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to divert the thread, but I just started reading through this forum for ammo "knowledge" (I'm hooked), as I just built my first 300BLK, and also recently picked up a PWS MK114. Molon, thanks for the excellent reviews and to everyone else, thanks for posting where to find these great deals on ammo!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sgammo went up $10 per case. Stupid terrorist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    Sgammo went up $10 per case. Stupid terrorist.
    Still not a bad price, all things considered. I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that price.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has only recently come down to $279. It hovered at $299 for quite a while. I was waiting for $259. :)