Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Heard they had a batch that improperly heat treated and are offering an exchange.
    It sounds like SRC is actually mailing out unsolicited replacement bolts to purchasers in a certain timeframe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool of them to try to take care of the issue.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like they aren't the only ones that have had a bad batch of heat treated bolts. Seems like a common theme across the industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it seems like you can only bring a price point down so far before quality starts to suffer...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't think that the quality suffered due to the price point being dropped. Several quality companies had problems with a bad batch of bolts due to heat treatment, Rainier Arms was one of them. I think the problems were due to manufacturers trying to meet depand rather than the price point being dropped; because it's cheaper for these companies to have it done right the first time rather than trying to fix the problem. It's also a customer service nightmare for them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Replacement bolts are apparently being shipped to customers who purchased bolts within a certain timeframe. Owners on ar15.com and m4carbine.net have posted that Sharp's has been sending out new bolts along with a postage paid return box to ship the old bolts back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Replacement bolts are apparently being shipped to customers who purchased bolts within a certain timeframe. Owners on ar15.com and m4carbine.net have posted that Sharp's has been sending out new bolts along with a postage paid return box to ship the old bolts back.
    This is all thanks to Jay Lesser, the new owner/president. He's a stand up guy, and he seems to be taking SRC in the right direction (unlike the others that were in control prior). I think this unsolicited recall/replacement action shows that they mean to stand behind their products.

I have one of their complete 25-45 Sharps uppers in house right now, which has their new S7 BBC (Balanced Bolt Carrier). It includes their Relia-bolt as well. The carrier is pretty slick, thanks to the NP3 finish. I'm more of a mil-spec, phosphate BCG find of guy, but this is a VERY nice BCG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Will@AR15Hunter View Post
    This is all thanks to Jay Lesser, the new owner/president. He's a stand up guy, and he seems to be taking SRC in the right direction (unlike the others that were in control prior). I think this unsolicited recall/replacement action shows that they mean to stand behind their products.

I have one of their complete 25-45 Sharps uppers in house right now, which has their new S7 BBC (Balanced Bolt Carrier). It includes their Relia-bolt as well. The carrier is pretty slick, thanks to the NP3 finish. I'm more of a mil-spec, phosphate BCG find of guy, but this is a VERY nice BCG.
    Wow. That's awesome of them to do to gain/regain consumer confidence. Maybe I was hasty in judgement, but time will tell. Good on them though for proactively fixing the problem. I have to admit when I heard the new "super wonder strong ultra design bolts" were breaking left and right I just shook my head, but it goes to show sometimes things aren't what they seem.

I know Rainer is quality, and they also suffered, so it's hit or miss in this industry, it's how you go about owning up to your mistakes that separates em

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Wow. That's awesome of them to do to gain/regain consumer confidence. Maybe I was hasty in judgement, but time will tell. Good on them though for proactively fixing the problem. I have to admit when I heard the new "super wonder strong ultra design bolts" were breaking left and right I just shook my head, but it goes to show sometimes things aren't what they seem.

I know Rainer is quality, and they also suffered, so it's hit or miss in this industry, it's how you go about owning up to your mistakes that separates em
    Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the post about one breaking. I only saw posts about two breaking, and the same guy broke both. He's on Youtube, but I saw his post over on ARFCOM.

Agreed on your last comment. They are owning up to the problem, and went above and beyond what I would expect them to do. Most good companies would just wait to hear from customers that had issues and then take care of them. They went ahead and sent out replacements without many (probably most) of the customers even being aware of a recall or possible issue. That's pretty awesome CS if you ask me.

Downloads
    Uploads