Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well.... 17 now. I just ordered one.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be interesting to see what becomes of these once they run out. What will Sharps do with the price?

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the bolt supposed to last longer too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Putting these on sale is about the only chance these had of surviving. With the cheaper price maybe this will get enough of these into the wild for some word of mouth advertising.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Did yours come with an extractor spring insert or a donut?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine came with both...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine came with neither one. I have extra inserts that I can drop in, but it's odd they leave it out. The manufacturer has also failed to reply to email.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I've been able to resist. My C158 bolts haven't let me down yet.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Mine came with neither one. I have extra inserts that I can drop in, but it's odd they leave it out. The manufacturer has also failed to reply to email.
    I have previously exchanged a number of emails with Tim Lesser and found him to be responsive and interested in answering questions. He has now moved on to work for Leupold so maybe the consumer relations post is vacant.

Leaving out the extractor insert is a big fat NO GO in my opinion. And if they're putting in neither an insert nor a doughnut they should just leave an extractor off entirely and tell the purchaser to install his own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, misread. Mine just had the donut.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    How have these been working out for everyone? I just installed my 2nd in a 14.5" pencil build. Hoping to give it a try this weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting thread. I am running one in my M4 and so far so good, do not enough rounds down range to actually know for sure how it will hold up in the long run. Given the life of the standard C158 I have no doubt it will perform better, Our Barrett's have a S7 bolt so all should go well.

Also have no stoppages to report, but I run my BCG well lubed to combat the sand. So I cannot say whether it is the lube or the bolt keeping my gun running....maybe a bit of both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanka to those who contributed to this thread. I have seen a couple reviews on YouTube, but not as thorough as on here. I might give this a try, but will demand that they send a complete bolt, not just one with the donut sans spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh oh! We've seen our first broken bolt over on ar15.com. The bolt was used in a MK18 clone with a suppressor but wasn't at a terribly high round count upon failure. Speculation is that it was too hard.

The owner has received a second bolt from Sharps under warranty. But it looks like the replacement is possibly too soft. He is seeing some bolt lug deformation at only 500 rounds fired.