Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Are those air rifles?
    Correct =)

First pic is EdGun Matador R3 and second is Kalibr Cricket
    +++++++++

Everyday is a good day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice! A lot of fun is to be had with quality air rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDude View Post
    Correct =)

First pic is EdGun Matador R3 and second is Kalibr Cricket
    That's awesome. When I was a kid I had a Benjamin air rifle. Yours definitely look awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDude View Post
    I got couple =)

And I see the whites bag in the back. What machine are you using and what are you typically searching for/finding?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I'm reviving this thread again.

I've evolved my wire skill to a point where I was willing to put down the money for some precious metal to make Christmas gifts for my mother and sisters.

14k solid Gold 24ga wire. 36" used for this piece.

Fine Silver 24ga wire

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty freakin awesome, BC! I envy your patience and craftsmanship.

This past summer I got the chance to work at my uncle's deer breeding ranch. I still visit as often as I can but I don't work there anymore, so I would consider it a hobby. I worked there for 4 months and my cousin and I cared for about 60 deer total including 25 or so fawns. Whitetail deer breeding is a whole different ballgame from cattle. We had to feed/change water twice a day, fill feeders at least twice a week, mow the pens weekly, pick up crap and moldy, maggot infested feed on the ground weekly, tranquilize deer and give them medication, and so on. There were many nights where we would feed deer after putting in a 12 hour day, only to find out we had to clean out the feeders or move limestone into the pens, and we would put in another unexpected 4 hours. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world; it was without a doubt one of the best summers I've ever had. Sure it was hard work but the amount of knowledge I gained and the experience itself made it all worth it. How many people can say they've taken selfies with their arm around a LIVE deer?
    Hope y'all enjoy the pics!

We call this guy "Fred"

We call this girl "Pam". Sadly, she died from unknown causes a few weeks ago. Definitely my favorite deer. She had a thing for hats of any kind lol

This is a 12 hr old fawn. You can't tell by the picture but these things are TINY!

This buck broke a tine and was bleeding so we had to call someone in to tranquilize him, cut the tine off, and cauterize the wound.

This is Red 14. IIRC he scored about 220. He's gettin it on with a few does this year lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pam is hilarious. That whole situation is crazy though. I've spent my fair share of time with cattle working on ranches but I've never considered breeding deer. Who pays for bred deer? Hunting ranches?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Josh, that is one of the craziest other hobbies I have ever seen! :) It looks great though. I would enjoy that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Big fan of vintage Kramers. The white is nice.

Color is nice too...

Liked Hammet's Ouija graphic so well, I did one myself. Milton Bradley outlawed these in the 80's d/r copyright infringement by ESP.

Love my tube amps as well. I used to gig, but now I record. This shit is heavy! Hell, I gave up lugging stacks, but a 1x12" Mesa combo weighs 120 lbs in the road case!

Digital Audfo Workstation setup.

This is my design; a 7/8th's "dinky" style, twin hum Tele, with belly and forearm cuts and a routed for a Floyd Rose locking tremolo. It;s a hybrid Kramer/Jackson/ Telecaster that I call my TelePacer Imperial. It was made by Warren Parker of SouthEast Guitars in Muscle Shoals AL and assembled by myself. The raw slab of 5A flame maple lumber for this build cost $500! That's before craftsmanship!

Yes, I like 'em pointy, like me 'ead, and me shillelagh!

Last edited by Joelski; 26 December 2015 at 07:55.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably posted before... but my all time fav hobby is running my boat here in Alaska - I could post pages of photos to prove it!

Of course there are all the things that go along with that - cigars, shooting, fishing, crabbing, shrimping, and probably the best is taking someone for the first time out sightseeing with whales, porpoise, sea lions, bald eagles, sea otters, and GLACIERS! Makes for a fullfilling day.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Pam is hilarious. That whole situation is crazy though. I've spent my fair share of time with cattle working on ranches but I've never considered breeding deer. Who pays for bred deer? Hunting ranches?
    Quantity-wise, the majority of deer are sold to hunting ranches. Mainly stocker bucks and bred does. For stocker bucks, you take the average score of all the bucks you're selling and I'm pretty sure you multiply that score by a dollar amount and that's how much you sell the whole lot for. They high fenced 100 acres so a few years from now they plan on releasing stocker bucks into that area to cut out the middle man and sell hunts themselves.

They will also sell a lot of deer to other breeders, whether it be fawns, breeder bucks, or does with good pedigrees. Fawns typically sell for about $1500 each and does and bucks can range anywhere from $2000-200,000. We were talking to another breeder a while back who told us one time he had a guy coming to buy a doe for $80k and the day before he was going to buy her, she ran into the fence and broke her neck. Even though they're pretty tame, they're still unpredictable, wild animals.

Downloads
    Uploads

Other hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    This is my design; a 7/8th's "dinky" style, twin hum Tele, with belly and forearm cuts and a routed for a Floyd Rose locking tremolo. It;s a hybrid Kramer/Jackson/ Telecaster that I call my TelePacer Imperial. It was made by Warren Parker of SouthEast Guitars in Muscle Shoals AL and assembled by myself. The raw slab of 5A flame maple lumber for this build cost $500! That's before craftsmanship!
    I don't know much about musical instruments but I know that shelling out the cash for quality material is absolutely worth it for personal projects. The finished product looks great. Since you assembled it, did you have to do much finishing work?

Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    cigars, shooting, fishing, crabbing, shrimping, and probably the best is taking someone for the first time out sightseeing with whales, porpoise, sea lions, bald eagles, sea otters, and GLACIERS! Makes for a fullfilling day.
    I enjoy every one of those I've tried. But that's limited to shooting, cigars, fishing, and seeing eagles and otters. I was able to see some bald eagles up close working on remote ranches in the mountains of CA. They certainly aren't common there but I can see why they are such a powerful national symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    . We were talking to another breeder a while back who told us one time he had a guy coming to buy a doe for $80k and the day before he was going to buy her, she ran into the fence and broke her neck. Even though they're pretty tame, they're still unpredictable, wild animals.
    Well damn... I've never had an $80K disappointment before and I hope I never do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Well damn... I've never had an $80K disappointment before and I hope I never do.
    Lol you and me both! That guy just plays around a breeds deer for fun. You can't make money if you're dropping that kind of coin on ONE deer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Big fan of vintage Kramers. The white is nice.

Color is nice too...

Liked Hammet's Ouija graphic so well, I did one myself. Milton Bradley outlawed these in the 80's d/r copyright infringement by ESP.

Love my tube amps as well. I used to gig, but now I record. This shit is heavy! Hell, I gave up lugging stacks, but a 1x12" Mesa combo weighs 120 lbs in the road case!

Digital Audfo Workstation setup.

Yes, I like 'em pointy, like me 'ead, and me shillelagh!

Great collection. I have a Japanese made Strat. I gutted the electronics and have hand wound 59 spec single coils in it. I would like a Mesa-Boogie Lonestar amp, but currently just play through a Line 6. I have a Genz-Benz acoustic amp and a few nice acoustics. I love the flamed maple on that Tele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Lol you and me both! That guy just plays around a breeds deer for fun. You can't make money if you're dropping that kind of coin on ONE deer.
    $80K for a deer just for fun? I'm not even mad. I'm impressed..