Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice fish!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am seriously hounding the wife about getting a DJI Phantom quadrocopter. With the GPS in them I could easily plot out the stages at the range and have it fly around while I run stages. Would be cool to see what I am doing from a different view.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I am seriously hounding the wife about getting a DJI Phantom quadrocopter. With the GPS in them I could easily plot out the stages at the range and have it fly around while I run stages. Would be cool to see what I am doing from a different view.
    I have one, be prepared for a money sink similar to an AR lol. That being said the footage you get is awesome.

Link, couldn't get it to embed properly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTS7Je3ozuo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheap cigars, cheap beer, expensive rum. I used to do expensive been and expensive cigars until I realized they were breaking me for no good reason.

The "craft beer" craze has just about put me off beer entirely. When you get a bunch of people that will choke down any over-hopped swill just to have a scene to belong to, it pretty much poisons the whole movement. So I went back to my old college standby of PBR until it became the hipster beer and people started wanting me to actually pay for it. At this point I'm down to Bud as my next go-to. If nothing else, people won't steal my beer from coolers at parties.

I find that as I get older the idea of chasing around after this or that new thing has pretty much left me. I used to always be on the hunt for the next great wine, beer, rum, cigar, gun, car part... now I am finally mature enough (in one sense!) to know what I like and just stick to it. People keep telling me "you gotta try this rum, it's great!" No, thank you. I'm aware of the rum that I like, either on the rocks or in Coke, and I'm just fine with that. Same with cigars. Although I'll drink and smoke just about anything if it's free, unless it's rum and has either a bat or a pirate on the label, and then I'd rather drink Jim Beam.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I find that as I get older the idea of chasing around after this or that new thing has pretty much left me. I used to always be on the hunt for the next great wine, beer, rum, cigar, gun, car part... now I am finally mature enough (in one sense!) to know what I like and just stick to it. People keep telling me "you gotta try this rum, it's great!" No, thank you. I'm aware of the rum that I like, either on the rocks or in Coke, and I'm just fine with that. Same with cigars. Although I'll drink and smoke just about anything if it's free, unless it's rum and has either a bat or a pirate on the label, and then I'd rather drink Jim Beam.
    I had two cars that I sunk A LOT of money in and got nothing back from it. That's when I realized I was an idiot for modifying cars with money I didn't have. Unloaded both of them for minimal profit, bought my truck, and have added nothing to it and haven't had a single problem.

Having a car that is fixed up to drive around on the weekends and for shows and such is one thing, putting 15 grand into a car that you drive daily and will almost inevitably break is a whole different ball game. I'm glad I learned that young.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I had two cars that I sunk A LOT of money in and got nothing back from it. That's when I realized I was an idiot for modifying cars with money I didn't have. Unloaded both of them for minimal profit, bought my truck, and have added nothing to it and haven't had a single problem.

Having a car that is fixed up to drive around on the weekends and for shows and such is one thing, putting 15 grand into a car that you drive daily and will almost inevitably break is a whole different ball game. I'm glad I learned that young.
    This is so true. I also traded my "show off" vehicle for a practical Tacoma 8 years ago, and I've never had to do anything but change the oil and tires. I liked it so much when it was time to get a familymobile I got the wife a 4 door tacoma. They've never let us down.

I seen you wakeboarding in those pictures Ride4frnt, when I was a teen I use board all the time in green river lake but as I got older I couldn't bounce back from the spills like I use to so I gave it up. These days when I have some free time which is almost never I'm getting ready for deer season, or out fishing some where. We have some property here at the house so we have some cattle and chickens that keep me busy and we also try and rescue Pitbulls when we can.

Here's Luna the door eatter...

This lazy one is Jinx with my wife's dog beside her.

Luckily I work out of my truck 99.9% of the time so I have alot of free moments to post to forums etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Cheap cigars, cheap beer, expensive rum. I used to do expensive been and expensive cigars until I realized they were breaking me for no good reason.

The "craft beer" craze has just about put me off beer entirely. When you get a bunch of people that will choke down any over-hopped swill just to have a scene to belong to, it pretty much poisons the whole movement. So I went back to my old college standby of PBR until it became the hipster beer and people started wanting me to actually pay for it. At this point I'm down to Bud as my next go-to. If nothing else, people won't steal my beer from coolers at parties.

You sound like an Old Munk kinda guy. I miss my rum, like you I pretty much knew what I wanted on the rocks or mixed. Ulsers get in the way now though. I drank many craft beers that honestly did nothing for me but liked trying them. Got on my nerves when a guy would say man this beer is great when i knew liking a particular beer was the in thing. I actually do like drinking bud light if you can believe that, but I am southern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    This is so true. I also traded my "show off" vehicle for a practical Tacoma 8 years ago, and I've never had to do anything but change the oil and tires. I liked it so much when it was time to get a familymobile I got the wife a 4 door tacoma. They've never let us down.

I seen you wakeboarding in those pictures Ride4frnt, when I was a teen I use board all the time in green river lake but as I got older I couldn't bounce back from the spills like I use to so I gave it up. These days when I have some free time which is almost never I'm getting ready for deer season, or out fishing some where.
    I ski all winter, wakeboard and fish in the summer. Shoot as much as I can. I've had my share of injuries from taking hits, I've mellowed out myself. Around the ages of 14-18 it seemed like I had a few too many hospital visits, one two week stay when I was 14 due to a bad skiing accident.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I ski all winter, wakeboard and fish in the summer. Shoot as much as I can. I've had my share of injuries from taking hits, I've mellowed out myself. Around the ages of 14-18 it seemed like I had a few too many hospital visits, one two week stay when I was 14 due to a bad skiing accident.
    People think because your on water it wouldn't hurt.. Ha. I'll have to dig up some old boarding pics. I use to be fairly good, wake 2 wake jumps, board grabs, bunny hop 180s. I doubt I could even get outta the water now it's been so long. I miss it. When the water was actually still and the sun setting.. Great memories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    People think because your on water it wouldn't hurt.. Ha. I'll have to dig up some old boarding pics. I use to be fairly good, wake 2 wake jumps, board grabs, bunny hop 180s. I doubt I could even get outta the water now it's been so long. I miss it. When the water was actually still and the sun setting.. Great memories.
    I've taken hard hits on snow, and easy coast snow is more like ice. I'd rather hit hard on that than water.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Visiting Wevo does count as a hobby, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Visiting Wevo does count as a hobby, right?
    I hope so, that's what I keep telling my wife

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hunting fishing and hockey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to see there are other car buffs on here. Here is my current work in progress:

-Josh

SCOPE~NYSRPA~FUAC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not seen a Fiero in forever, very nice.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa