Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I've not seen a Fiero in forever, very nice.
    Thanks! I'd love to get an engine swap in there some day. I love the mid-engine setup.
    -Josh

SCOPE~NYSRPA~FUAC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seeing it takes me back to high school.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love to cook, especially on the grill. Big fan of kamado cooking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need me a big green egg!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the 8th Z car I've had since 1970 and the 370Z is the best one yet. Responsiveness better than the 240Z, faster and quicker than my old 280ZX Turbo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Snowboarding. One of my favorite hobbies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    This is the 8th Z car I've had since 1970 and the 370Z is the best one yet. Responsiveness better than the 240Z, faster and quicker than my old 280ZX Turbo.

Was never a Nissan guy, but always liked the lines of the 350 and 370. Would probably be a great daily driver, if I find one used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I'm sort of a new guy here and don't really know anyone from Adam so to speak. I know it's a gun place but it's always cool to see what other people do for fun. Me, I have a few hobbies. Some I'm better at that the others.

For about 5 years I've enjoyed road racing sport bikes. I got out of that recently to buy a house and please the wife, but knowing me I'll be back in it before too long.

I'm learning like crazy to take photos, though I've still got a LONG way to go. What looks good to me tends to not look good to others but I try.

I also collect...err...attempt to collect watches. I fancy Omega but the wife usually stops me in my tracks when I show the price tag. Right now I've only got two watches and this is the latest purchase.

I also like to build and tinker with cars. I used to have a '74 Corvette that was pretty sweet. Big block 468 built pretty well. Wife decided that had to go so I could go bike racing.

What are you guys in to?
    Eh, who cares what others think of your photos. If you're having fun, and you pull some pics out that you like, then it was well worth it. Even professionals take dozens and dozens of pictures to find the few in the bunch that they/customers like. As for the watches, thats too many gun and truck parts still on the shelf for my tastes, lol. I do the picture thing too when it suits me, by no means professional, but have grabbed some shots that turned out well. Other than that, fishing, hunting, shooting....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    Photography, camera collecting, and running are some of my other hobbies. Nice watch Aaronp220.
    Since you mentioned camera collecting, would you by any chance know of anyone interested in buying a 1957 Ihagee Exacta VX II w/ multiple lenses and same era leather case? Have been trying to unload this thing for a fair price, but everyone I get a bite from thinks I'm some bumpkin that doesn't know what he has and lowballs the short n curlies off me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Was never a Nissan guy, but always liked the lines of the 350 and 370. Would probably be a great daily driver, if I find one used.
    Just get John and Paul to front you some R8 money and you guys can all match!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Heh. Its' a great daily driver when there's no snow on the ground. As a daily driver in the winter, it pretty much sucks. This being Minnesota, it sits in my garage under a cover for about 4 months out of the year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lately I've been occupied at the drag races. My dad and I spent the last 4 years building this car, we have 20 passes in it now. Runs 10.04@137, we have a tired motor in it and haven't done much tuning with the suspension yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woodworking is one of my favorite hobbies. Sometimes it carries over to my guns- made some grips out of walnut for my Browning Buckmark about 20 years ago.

Edit: Oh yeah, my other hobby is my '86 Monte I've owned since '88.
    Last edited by srvctec; 2 October 2014 at 11:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bit of hobby A.D.D. Street and Moto in the summer. Rc in the winter. A little golf, some fishing, and working on my shooting skills sprinkled in between.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Heh. Its' a great daily driver when there's no snow on the ground. As a daily driver in the winter, it pretty much sucks. This being Minnesota, it sits in my garage under a cover for about 4 months out of the year.
    That's exactly how I felt about my first 4 BMW's... worthless in snow. First one, had all seasons that made it "decent" but the last one had performance tires, and I learned the hard way, I wasn't going anywhere even with a dusting of snow.