Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently got in to collecting.. or re-collecting comics from my childhood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mountain biking, running, hiking and camping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's exactly how I felt about my first 4 BMW's... worthless in snow. First one, had all seasons that made it "decent" but the last one had performance tires, and I learned the hard way, I wasn't going anywhere even with a dusting of snow.
    The Z doesn't even make a pretense at being a winter car, but that's fine with me. I could put a set of Blizzaks on it and it might get around in the snow, but that car is about driving fun -- zero practicality -- so IMHO there's little point. Best to just tuck it away and drive the GMC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to show my Fairlane, hence the screen name. The car now lives in Florida.

Also play a little guitar at home. This guitar was sold a few months ago to fund a Para Elite Commander that has since morphed into a Sig 229.
    http://vid1229.photobucket.com/album...ps96ecf78e.mp4

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzed250 View Post
    I raced bikes also. I need to see if I can find some pictures. Maybe you can tell from my screen name. Until you have raced a purpose built race bike you have missed something.

My streetbike tells what era shaped my early years in motorcycling.

ZRXGB by zweitakt250, on Flickr
    I see we share a liking for older style bikes. I started on a 77 Honda CB750F root beer brown. Bought it for $50 drove it for a year. Always had a softspot for
    Kawi`s owned several KZ 900-1000-1100`s & Gpz 550-750-1100`s. I miss the 85 750 turbo I had (other than the turbo frying-oil puker) wish I would have kept that one.
    Crazy bike for its day.Wife kids life work took priority so the bikes went.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    The Z doesn't even make a pretense at being a winter car, but that's fine with me. I could put a set of Blizzaks on it and it might get around in the snow, but that car is about driving fun -- zero practicality -- so IMHO there's little point. Best to just tuck it away and drive the GMC.
    Yeah, our next car will be a fun to drive car. No hint of driving in adverse weather.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up taking care of and learning to maintain salt water aquariums. Became a hobbies I didn't really want but now I'm obsessed with... Plus I draw both at work and when my kids let me... Not often for the latter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Used to get into the cars. These days other than my huntin, fishin , shootin I make these and others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing like a good turkey call.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really into muscle cars. Need to fix my Camaro so I can enjoy the hobby again. Been sitting since April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Used to get into the cars. These days other than my huntin, fishin , shootin I make these and others.

Seeing that vintage turkey call made me proud to be from Kentucky lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    DutyUse are you a Game Warden?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to think I have hobbies but I really don't. Was into fishing in high school then all of my stuff got stolen the summer before I joined the military. Then I got into cars a little but hard to do much when your stationed on a submarine. Now I drive a Jeep Wrangler because of needing to be able to get to work no matter what it's like outside. Just recently bought a Yamaha FZ 07 after all these years of saying I'd never own a motorcycle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I'm sort of a new guy here and don't really know anyone from Adam so to speak. I know it's a gun place but it's always cool to see what other people do for fun. Me, I have a few hobbies. Some I'm better at that the others.

For about 5 years I've enjoyed road racing sport bikes. I got out of that recently to buy a house and please the wife, but knowing me I'll be back in it before too long.

I'm learning like crazy to take photos, though I've still got a LONG way to go. What looks good to me tends to not look good to others but I try.

I also collect...err...attempt to collect watches. I fancy Omega but the wife usually stops me in my tracks when I show the price tag. Right now I've only got two watches and this is the latest purchase.

I also like to build and tinker with cars. I used to have a '74 Corvette that was pretty sweet. Big block 468 built pretty well. Wife decided that had to go so I could go bike racing.

What are you guys in to?
    Me? Besides shooting I'd say I have 3 in particular.

Motorcycles:

Stargazing/ camping and bringing the telescope:

Cigars:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to machine stuff and occasionally shred the gnar. Or used to anyway before I sold all my bikes to build up a few long range guns. But come January I will be back on the trails (once the monsoon season is over) and probably taking my kids with me. I also have modified some flashlights and made a 500lm streamlight M3. And that was waaaaay before 500lm pistol lights were cool. Like 5years ago or something like that. Got some other lights that I am working on that will be pretty sweet as well. Just need to find the time to get going on them...

Maker of light mounts and other fine weapons accessories.

http://www.arsonmachine.com
    http://www.facebook.com/arsonmachine