Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a great gift. I can't thank everyone, especially UW, for all that they have done.

I really really appreciate it. Thank you gentlemen. Pics will be coming soon, however they probably won't be as good as UW's.

Thanks everyone!

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW is a good guy.....

that build is a nice build, especially to hand over to a friend..Good on all you for helping..now stock up on mags and ammo..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    UW is a good guy.....

that build is a nice build, especially to hand over to a friend..Good on all you for helping..now stock up on mags and ammo..
    And some people don't even get a RAC to finish their build :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent UW,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    And some people don't even get a RAC to finish their build :)
    ......God damn you..keep rubbing it in...

I still need one.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    So without further ado, here it is sans color fill and wearing an Aimpoint PRO. I would really like to thank everyone, expecially Rich who was involved in putting this together for me. This really means a lot! The picture isn't as good as UW's, but it will do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome...and looks better without all the crayon color fill on it..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good! I am very fond of the Ptax handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Range Report:

This is a little late, but I’ve been slammed with work and a new project I’ve been working on.

The first time I shot this rifle, I wasn’t able to take it to a range where I could really test out the functionality. It was more to sight it in as the range only lets you load one round in the magazine at a time.

I ended up sighting it in at 50/200. That was the best I could do, as since my glaucoma surgery red dots have a tendency to look like commas or barbells. Good enough for home defense though.

The rifle is far more accurate than I am and unfortunately I don’t have any pics of groups. Any group I shoot would be embarrassing anyway. I did have a few issues that were likely ammo related.

1. If I monopodded the rifle on the mag and fired my one round the bolt would not lock back. If I didn’t monopod it, it would. This was with the one gen 2 windowed pmag I had, the other two mags I had were aluminum GI mags. I didn’t test if the GI mags would do it.

2. I shot some Remington 55g UMC, Tula, 45g vmax reloads, and some American Eagle through the gun. The UMC wouldn’t lock the bolt back 50% of the time. The American Eagle would lock it back 100% of the time, the Tula 0% of the time, and the 45g vmax reloads 0% of the time.

I’ve read that these 14.5” middies need a little breaking in. So after I was sighted in I packed it up and called it a day. The rifle was lightly lubed with slip2k EWL. Casings were ejected at approximately 4 oclock. Round count approximately 80 rounds.

The second time I shot this rifle I went to an indoor range with no restrictions on rounds in the mag. I brought with me only wolf gold and American eagle. The weapon was heavily lubed with slip2k EWL.

Man talk about no hiccups. This thing had ZERO issues that day. It shot the wolf gold, and the AE no issues. I was not bench rest shooting but I was getting rounds COM at 25 yards with NO problem. The bolt locked back after every mag. The thing has almost zero muzzle flip with that battlecomp. Follow up shots were as quick as the range would allow. I can’t stress enough how much I enjoy this rifle.

The Parallax Tactical FFSSR is a fine rail that balances the rifle well. The slim middle allows me to really get my hand all the way around the rail and control the rifle. I highly recommend it if you have medium to small hands. I don’t hang a lot of crap off my rifles so the missing rail space is a non-issue.

Overall this is a great gift from a very generous man. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate this. To Rich and everyone else who pitched in I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My next trip out with this rifle will be at the end up of the month. I will be heading to a local pit and plant to put a few hundred rounds through it, and then see if breaking it in fixes the ammo issues I had.

Thank you everyone!
    Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good looking rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a decent first outing...for a nice rifle...That rail is really growing on me..

I have heard numerous times remington 55gr ammo and tulammo are weak, as probably why the bolt didnt lock back.

Going to the NES from the other site?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sounds like a decent first outing...for a nice rifle...That rail is really growing on me..

I have heard numerous times remington 55gr ammo and tulammo are weak, as probably why the bolt didnt lock back.

Going to the NES from the other site?
    Yes sir.