Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would base the muzzle device choice on the % of use you think you'll get out of the can. For me, I don't get much use out of a can, but because I have one it sits on my SHTFantasy gun. Were I starting from scratch, I'd get a 10.5" Noveske Switchblock upper and a 7.62 can that is <7.5" OAL and attach it via a flash hider mount. I would shoot the gun with the can on it about 10% of the time (by number of rounds fired) which would mean that there would be almost no benefit to having the brake mount, and the brake would only make shooting it unsuppressed (that other 90% of the time) intolerable. I have an Ops can now and the brake mount on the gun is painful without the can, even to the shooter.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I bought an ELW 14.5" middie w/ the MB556K from BCM and it spits fireballs and punches those next to me in the face. Probably should have thought about that one a little longer than I did... But that will undoubtedly be the full-time recipient of this can once I make my purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Somewhere in my head I've convinced myself that the 12.5" ELW-F BFG is the Holy Grail...
    I know the feeling, been bouncing back and forth between the idea of the 11.5" and the 12.5".
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any performance gain to go above a 10.5 without going to a 16?

Downloads
    Uploads
    A 11.5" has a 40% longer dwell time than a 10.5" as quoted from Paul B. A 12.5" Noveske Crusader is only about 70 fps slower than a 14.5", which still keeps you above terminal velocity for fragmentation.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a colt 6940 I trimmed down to 10.3" and absolutely love it. Can't wait to get a LWRC and PWS in the same. I also want to get a HK MR556 and cut it down to 10.3/10.5"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 10.3" DD barrel for my 300 BLK, but it's a pistol, not an SBR. Eventually I want to SBR a lower and make an M4gery out of it: 14.5" M4 profile barrel, quad rail, FSB, etc. I went with a pistol build for now, because I can take it across state lines without having to deal with ATF. My brother has a DD Mk18 in FDE, and it's pretty sweet, but since I have the 300 BLK pistol, I don't see the need for a .223/5.56 short barrel. Too much velocity lost for my personal taste. If I need a short gun, I'll go with the 300, which I much prefer for <200yds. But that's just me

Downloads
    Uploads
    11.5 perfect fit for me !!
    Last edited by GUNS_UP; 11 October 2014 at 17:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say 11.5" - 12.5" (says the man with a 10.5")
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like my 10.5".. Haven't shot much else other than 16's so cAnt compare much

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Which barrel are you using?
    holy crap! I just remembered I posted in here. Sorry!! I used a local gun shop barrel - melonited 8" with a 1:7 twist. I have no idea who made it, but it was an interim barrel unti lI found one of quality. It could be a quality one for all I know, but I cannot find out who actually made it. So I'm replacing it with the Aero 8" barrel that is 1:7 also but the .109 gas port since I have a SLR adjustable block. At least I'll know it's concentric grooving for the suppressor and there is a place for me to get help with any issues. That alone is worth replacing my current barrel. And I'll have a spare for another build

And my can is out of jail - my new favorite gun to take!! I'm amazed at how stupid quiet it is with my loaded subs...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 10.5" Noveske 300 blk barrel and love it.... I gotta admit I would love to try a 8" .... Fyi my NFA form 1 stamp only took about 2 months.... Is that the norm for form 1's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolife View Post
    I have a 10.5" Noveske 300 blk barrel and love it.... I gotta admit I would love to try a 8" .... Fyi my NFA form 1 stamp only took about 2 months.... Is that the norm for form 1's?
    I found the same thing, only mine was an eFile that took 35 days. NFAtracker shows Form1's are a considerably less time wait than the others.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun