Page 87 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2137
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Until someone else starts making a long thing level for the "weak" side it'll always be the BADASS for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Until someone else starts making a long thing level for the "weak" side it'll always be the BADASS for me.

IMHO the AXTS Talon is a far superior design to the BAD ASS in every way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Really?
    Guess I'll look at what they offer.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    LOL... well there's the other option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  10-15 Upload-58.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  138.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious why you say this? I am interested in your opinions as to why.

I would be open to trying other selectors but there is just one single thing that I won't live without. That is if the selector jabs me in the hand it's out. The BAD scalloped lever (or something similar) is my preference. I even tried the plain old BAD short lever and ended up sending it back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just curious why you say this? I am interested in your opinions as to why.

I would be open to trying other selectors but there is just one single thing that I won't live without. That is if the selector jabs me in the hand it's out. The BAD scalloped lever (or something similar) is my preference. I even tried the plain old BAD short lever and ended up sending it back.
    It uses a detent vs a screw to keep the selectors attached. I've had several BAD selector screws back out. You can also decide if you want 45 or 90 degree selectors without having a compatible lower for it. The BAD-CASS is a better design than the BAD ASS, but still uses screws and IMHO even with loctite, that's the weakness... but I'm not going to swap all my BAD-ASS selectors to Talons... the BAD ASS is still a good design, I just think it's been eclipsed by the TALON IMHO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It uses a detent vs a screw to keep the selectors attached. I've had several BAD selector screws back out. You can also decide if you want 45 or 90 degree selectors without having a compatible lower for it. The BAD-CASS is a better design than the BAD ASS, but still uses screws and IMHO even with loctite, that's the weakness... but I'm not going to swap all my BAD-ASS selectors to Talons... the BAD ASS is still a good design, I just think it's been eclipsed by the TALON IMHO.
    Ah. Thanks for that. I've heard you say that before on other threads somewhere (about the screws backing out). I had them back out on me once a long time ago but I put some loctite on mine and it's never been a problem since. Then again I can generally just walk back to the house and screw the thing back on if it comes down to it. My needs are more simple. I do keep some basic tools in my bag though when I go out somewhere else shooting and that little allen key is one of the things I take.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a huge fan of the BAD-CASS, and prefer the standard lever on my strong side and the hybrid on the support side. I've got several BAD-ASS selector sets sitting around, unused because i like the design of the BAD-CASS that much better. As for the AXTS Talon, the price premium over the BAD-CASS is keeping me from trying one. AXTS is going to have to send me one to T&E to convince me to switch.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CASS is the one with the barrel that looks like it's Ti nitrided, correct? I do like that model better. I'd be willing to try the AXTS, it just never hits my radar. Blue loctite and permatex are my friends.
    Last edited by Joelski; 17 October 2016 at 04:43.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CASS is what I will order my next time around. Looked at the AXTS. MAYBE the tapered one might feel okay weak side.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The CASS is the one with the barrel that looks like it's Ti nitrided, correct? I do like that model better. I'd be willing to try the AXTS, it just never hits my radar. Blue loctite and permatex are my friends.
    The BAD-CASS have dovetailed centers/levers, so there's much less strain put on the screw thus significantly reducing the chance that the screw holding the lever on will back-out (which i've never personally experienced). The last few i've ordered did have a TiN coating on the centers/barrels, as opposed to the standard phosphate. And i prep by de-greaseing everything and use blue Loctite when assembling. Never had an issue.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Lantac BMD3.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  205.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Name:  Lantac BMD3.jpg