Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: M&P Mods

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm still at the research stage on this. How do you feel about the polymer trigger? How did you decide to get the polymer over the aluminum version?

We're about 10 months away from buying another house, so the wife is turning off the gun fund. Many of my projects will be put on the back burner for awhile. This trigger maybe the last thing I get.
    haha..first...Did i hear you say momma's cutting you off..lol..

Second, i like the poly version and have felt the aluminum version when it was out of the package and not in a gun, it felt fine, but did feel a little wider then the poly AEK trigger. Actually wouldn't want it any wider for me atleast. It feels nice now, especially compared to the stock one, and the poly version is only like 35-40 bux.

How old is that M&P? As i know the 9's have gone thru the most change of the pistol line, different barrels, slide stops, trigger bar and something else. Mine still has the old style trigger bar,slide stop, which i hear greatly helps in the reset, not only audible but in the trigger also.

Here is a quick pic of mine with the Apex AEK poly trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still at the research stage on this. How do you feel about the polymer trigger? How did you decide to get the polymer over the aluminum version?

We're about 10 months away from buying another house, so the wife is turning off the gun fund. Many of my projects will be put on the back burner for awhile. This trigger maybe the last thing I get.
    Know the feeling, had to buy a new car last week and wife's got another 18 months of school left. My SBR build will probably be waiting on more than just a stamp.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought my poly one on the basis of "if it ain't broke don't fix it." The m&p has a poly trigger from the factory, so it isn't like it was a downgrade. Never felt the aluminum trigger, but I'm not sure if I had to would warrant an extra $40 on essentially the same part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I bought my poly one on the basis of "if it ain't broke don't fix it." The m&p has a poly trigger from the factory, so it isn't like it was a downgrade. Never felt the aluminum trigger, but I'm not sure if I had to would warrant an extra $40 on essentially the same part.
    Hmm,

I don't see too many reviews online for the aluminum vs poly. I'll have to look into this a bit further.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they offer these separately from buying a gun from them. I'll likely look into the SAI triggers and other parts if offered. Their website isn't up and running yet. So far I've seen a curved and a flat bow trigger for glocks and m&p

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01574069887308

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing I've seen from Salient remotely says... buy me, I'm practical, or It's worth the money.

Go with the Apex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My M&P is about to get a make over. From 10-8 Performance getting a magwell, front fiber optic sight and rear sight, from apex the FSS and Comp AEK kits. Slide is getting some mill work done then heading to blowndeadline for some cerakote.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    My M&P is about to get a make over. From 10-8 Performance getting a magwell, front fiber optic sight and rear sight, from apex the FSS and Comp AEK kits. Slide is getting some mill work done then heading to blowndeadline for some cerakote.
    Damn that is quite a makeover..im jealous..i want to scallop mine,sights and get some cerakoting done..Will need pics once done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Damn that is quite a makeover..im jealous..i want to scallop mine,sights and get some cerakoting done..Will need pics once done.
    Got the last part that needed to be cerakoted for my rifle today. A couple weekends working the track and I can trip down to drop my stuff off to blowndeadline
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, now that I've finished most of my AR projects, I'm ready to go back to this one. Still haven't purchased the Apex Trigger, but I'm definitely going to go that route. Any particular skills or tools needed to install one? I suppose I can start searching Youtube videos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly swapping out the trigger is real easy, A pin or 2 and the whole trigger stuff comes out, then there is just one pin to drive out on the old trigger.Then the apex trigger comes with a new pin partially installed, hardest part might be lining it up.

it is real easy though, i just traded into compact model for the woman and will need to do some fluff and buffing and replace that crappy oem trigger..

I do like that slide work...

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah Apex's youtube channel shows exactly how to install the trigger and everything else. pretty easy IMHO, and i don't have any experience gunsmithing. (installed the aluminum AEK trigger, went back and added the duty carry kit and 10-8 performance FO sights) spent most of the time banging sights in and out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    My wallet hates thing's like this