Downloads
    Uploads

Laser bore sights

Does anyone bother to use them?

Honestly, I can't see any real advantage for using one to sight in a rifle. The best thing to do is have the rifle in a rest and adjust the sights to be on target.

From a technological perspective, setting the sights to match the laser of a bore sight 'might' save you two bullets. But, you still have to fire the rifle to know you're sighted in for your own eyes. 2 bullets are a lot cheaper than a bore sight.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All a bore sight will do is get you on paper at 25y, the only time I generally will use one is if I have a rifle that wont hit at that distance. They do not accurately zero in your rifle.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    All a bore sight will do is get you on paper at 25y, the only time I generally will use one is if I have a rifle that wont hit at that distance. They do not accurately zero in your rifle.
    I know - that's why I don't see much use for them. I'm wondering what use for them there is at all? I can't see any value in them and have no intention of buying one either.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use one and really like it. It usually puts the windage really close for me. I usually bore sight it with my laser, shoot once at 20 yards, adjust a few clicks, then take it to 100.

I have had scopes that weren't on paper at 20. A cheap laser bore sighter is a pretty valuable tool in my book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im cheap and just do it the old way, as prop the gun up, this case upper, with bcg out and setup a target or use something outside and look thru the barrel and align the scope crosshairs to it..Has never let me down to get on a 12" target at 100 yards...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Im cheap and just do it the old way, as prop the gun up, this case upper, with bcg out and setup a target or use something outside and look thru the barrel and align the scope crosshairs to it..Has never let me down to get on a 12" target at 100 yards...
    +1
    I do the same. Can usually zero with 2-3 rounds from this point
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...