Downloads
    Uploads

Picked a new gun up yesterday.

There's a little pawn shop by the office and every once in a while I'll pop in there and see if they've got any new firearms, guitars or that sort of thing in for a good deal. I had a little time to kill yesterday so I wondered in there and checked out some of the handguns they had in the display case and found a Springfield XD-40 with a Streamlight TLR-1 on it. They were asking $549 for it - light included. I haggled with the guy behind the counter for about 15 minutes and ended up walking out with it for $449 + TTL.

It's not cherry and has some character but it's my first XD and it seems like a decent gun. Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow and shoot it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The XD is a great gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well crap... I would have sold you mine for 350.....I need a 9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Springfield makes great guns, I have an xdm9 competition and an xds45 that I carry everyday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple of XD(m) nines and really like them - I'm surprised more people don't own them. Then again, SA doesn't really focus on LE as a market, so maybe that's part of it. The TRL-1 has come out in several different outputs. Since yours has a C4- S/N, it's propably either 300 or 600 lumen and I expect either output will serve decently for general use.

Just a heads-up, it took a while to dial my 4.5" in. It runs everything reliably but the POI is more ammo sensitive than my other nines (light loads shooting significantly above POA). You might watch for that and take a few different loads to the range for testing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently own a XD-40 and i gotta say its a nice fricking gun. its also got pretty good recoil for its size and weight. having fired 100 rounds thru it already, no weapon jam. the process of assembling and disassembling it is pretty easy and has TIGHT springs on it even on the mags. the only thing i dont like about it is the free-floating barrel, other than that, i have no issues with the gun :)