Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry CMC Ruined My Day Rant - KMR Here

I received my BCM KMR Lightweight Upper today. Some folks here asked that I post a photo or two and give initial impressions in a quick review. I have to say it was truly "shock and awe", and will post photo's and a review within a day or two.

Last thing I had to do was complete lower, just installing trigger, and snap it together. Until I remembered that Aim Surplus left the buffer out of my order and gave me a bunch of crap about it (stopped short of insinuating that I was a liar) until I got an email stating their "investigation concluded they did not ship the buffer". So problem minor, I'd rape another gun for it's buffer until (still waiting) Aim Surplus finally gets mine to me.

O.K., I was torn between a Gieselle and a Wilson Combat trigger. Have used both and love them equally. Someone convinced me to try a CMC trigger instead. I read all the reviews and they pretty much echoed the same sentiments. Should be a 10 minute project installing it.

First the pins, they have a tiny slot turned near the very end. You push them through and install miniature C clips to keep them from "walking out" What a load of crap. I've worked with miniature robotic components, used in manufacturing, that required work under a microscope. Anyone that can install these (they give you 4, be grateful, you'll lose at least 2) has the skills of a surgeon. O.K. get them in place, and pins are 1/16" or more too long and move freely back and forth. More crap.

At this point my head is ready to explode. Why oh why didn't I follow my own advice. There is a reason that CMC triggers are $100 bucks cheaper than the other two aforementioned triggers.

O.K. to try to salvage this, I ordered a set of KNS anti-rotational pins, hoping this will fix all, and then I watched a You Tube video, where a guy praises CMC triggers, and then forgoes the pins in for a set of KNS anti-rotational pins. Had I seen that first I would have slapped myself in the forehead, and bought something else.

So now I'm at the mercy of Raineer Arms, and the postal system to try to salvage this trigger.

To be fair to CMC, when the trigger is installed, the take up is zero, it breaks like a glass rod, at 3.5 (advertised) lbs. Will verify later with Lyman guage. But I can't believe they'd manufacture a pin set that's such a piece of crap, I wouldn't install in anyones weapon, especially a set that can be moved with finger pressure back and forth over a 1/16th in.

Well the BMC KMR will have to wait a few days to be mounted, or I'll stick it on another lower, and take it to the range.
    Tomorrow is my day to take my bro-in-law to Chemo therapy, so the KMR pics and initial impressions, will have to wait a bit, but, if you are waiting for a KMR hand guard, or BCM KMR upper, we'll I don't know if you'll be impressed, but my mind was blown. Not really what I was expecting at all, but in a very GOOD way!

In all fairness to CMC, I haven't contacted them, but I don't throw around insults freely, and usually never at all. Any time I get junk I just usually toss it and chalk it up as a learning experience. But the crap they are putting out, deserves every bit of what I said, and they should re-evaluate their components, and how those components shed light on their product(s) in general.

End of Rant

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pins are loose on purpose.

They do this because the widths of different lower receivers can vary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hate to hear that you had them problems with assembly FT. It sucks to get something cool and have to wait to play with it. At first I was feeling sorry for you FT till I realized that hey this guy has a brand new KMR upper. So upon further evaluation, I hope that all of you with new KMR uppers or anything else that is cool has to wait to finish their rifle.
    Last edited by GOST; 19 February 2014 at 02:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-10 View Post
    The pins are loose on purpose.

They do this because the widths of different lower receivers can vary.
    AR-10,
    I know they can be wider by several thouandths, but over 1/16"? No trigger pins I've installed have ever been that much to wide, and that much undersized, that they can fall from side to side, simply by rotating the rifle left or right.

I admit, I've never seen the amount of variations that some of the reviewers here, for example, who get access to cool pre-production goodies to try, but since I started shooting the M16 in Basic Training '75, I've never seen pins that would actually fall out of your gun, if you didn't have a C clip, of only a few thousandths, to keep it in.

I have, especially in full auto 16's and burst mode rifles, seen them wear and have had to take them to the armorer for slightly oversized pins, but this (my situation) is a joke.

Anyway, lesson learned. Anti-rotation pins should fix it. For now, I can put the upper on another lower to try it out.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 20 February 2014 at 20:28.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    So upon further evaluation, I hope that all of you with new KMR uppers or anything else that is cool has to wait to finish their rifle.
    Kick a guy in the groin while he's down eh?.....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am slightly jealous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noticed on instagram CMC just got new cnc machines up and are making their own anti-walk pins.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Noticed on instagram CMC just got new cnc machines up and are making their own anti-walk pins.

Unreal, Comp, just my freakin' luck. I'm curious as to whether they just wanted to enter that market, or if they've had a slew of complaints about their cheezey pin set-up.?
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides the crappy pins how does the trigger feel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Unreal, Comp, just my freakin' luck. I'm curious as to whether they just wanted to enter that market, or if they've had a slew of complaints about their cheezey pin set-up.?
    FT

No clue I used to be set on getting a flat trigger from them but I have since changed my mind and settled on a hiperfire 24c trigger

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Besides the crappy pins how does the trigger feel?
    Very Good, No take up, Excellent, very little overt travel, crisp break at approx. 3.5lbs. (Will confirm this with my trigger gauge when I get the KNS pins)
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 23 February 2014 at 18:57.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    No clue I used to be set on getting a flat trigger from them but I have since changed my mind and settled on a hiperfire 24c trigger

I considered trying a flat trigger model, but wondered how using it, might affect my "normal" shooting, with a curved trigger. I'm sort of a creature of habit, and like to stay in my comfort zone. The idea behind it sounds solid, though.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I considered trying a flat trigger model, but wondered how using it, might affect my "normal" shooting, with a curved trigger. I'm sort of a creature of habit, and like to stay in my comfort zone. The idea behind it sounds solid, though.

FT.

people who have tried it swear by it

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had a SD-C and I'm currently using a SD3G. I love the flat bow design, I personally think it gives you a little better feedback. The first time I saw an SD-C I thought it was the ugliest thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to rub a little salt into the wound FT

Picture taken from CMC Instagram Feed

Last edited by Computalotapus; 23 February 2014 at 06:49.