Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a cerakote job to pay for and send off my form 1 for my new Noveske Gen 2. I need parts to go with this new build, gonna be a 10.5".
    Last edited by GOST; 11 April 2014 at 01:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicator View Post
    :) just busting chops... I'm broke atm anyways. Gotta pay for my wife's skydiving fun and buy her a bday gift.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.
    Judicator's b-day gift... wife jumps out of the plane... without a parachute... Happy Birthday!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Judicator's b-day gift... wife jumps out of the plane... without a parachute... Happy Birthday!
    Haha I been making that joke, that is COULD be a x-mad gift to me too. Then all her nice weapons will be mine >=)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did this thing start up today?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^---- You sir are fired for asking lol. It's when their Facebook hits 50K likes. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    My bad
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already had to ban a couple of known scammers.... and what's up with people entering daily?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No clue brother..I giggle when I see it tho haha

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already had to ban a couple of known scammers.... and what's up with people entering daily?!
    There are plenty of giveaways which allow daily entries. I guess these folks didn't take the time to read the directions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    There are plenty of giveaways which allow daily entries. I guess these folks didn't take the time to read the directions.
    They won't be winning. If you can't take the time to read the directions, I can't give you a prize.

Speaking of prizes, Battle Arms Development contacted me, they'll be sending some goods to giveaway as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of prizes, Battle Arms Development contacted me, they'll be sending some goods to giveaway as well.
    How many individual prizes are there now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious, I quit counting the 1 post and done entries, it lost it's humor. Does the management really think that those folks "LIKE" them? I swear, slap me if I'm wrong, but facebook seems so bogus. Really, I'm sincerely curious, how does Facebook benefit the board and sponsors, if the "Like's" are only here to enter a contest, register, and post once never to return again? Oh well, it's cool of you guys to let us folks enter, in a differnet thread, who will return, follow the links of your sponsors, purchase stuff, and come back to the forum, even if we don't win cool stuff, and even if we don't have a farcebook page. But I'm missing something in the "Big Picture" about how FB is really benefiting anyone, I have to be. It's like I have to go to the store, buy a bunch of cool things, and give them to strangers, so they'll "like" me and be my "friend". I am apparently way out of touch with social media.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I can't claim to know why various companies donate to giveaways like this, I'd guess that its all about exposure and brand recognition. The more frequently a company can get their product or name in front of a customer, the more likely that customer is to "trust" the brand when they seek to purchase something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    While I can't claim to know why various companies donate to giveaways like this, I'd guess that its all about exposure and brand recognition. The more frequently a company can get their product or name in front of a customer, the more likely that customer is to "trust" the brand when they seek to purchase something.
    I thought that was called advertising. Seriously, I'm not trying to be a hard head here, I'm just seriously curious how all of this worked to the benefit of...well anyone. My 8 year old grandson did a video of his pup in a "Stealers" (He's in PA, can't blame him) shirt running up and down a Lego football field. He posted it on Youtube and Facebook, and I was amazed at how many "likes" it got.

Again, I may be getting old and out of touch, but I know which vendors I like to buy from, without having to visit another website to tell them I "like" them, for selling me stuff?

Several years ago, pre-Facebook and youtube, I remember watching a news broadcast, like 60 Minutes, or Dateline, or I don't remember which, but certain groups of people were "professional" contest participants. They would scour the grocery stores, newspaper coupons, just all sorts of stuff. Some of them actually made a heck of a decent living with cash and other prizes. I'm just curious about people that come here, register, and their first and only post, is, "I'm in it to win it". Then wait and see if they won anything or not. I wonder if they're up to the same thing, only with a modern digital twist.

Truth is, it's really none of my business as to how WEVO or other forums set these things up, it's just my never ending curiosity as to how they benefit from it, with aforementioned "1 poster's". Oh well, guess I'll never fully understand it.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

Some of what you maybe missing is, our sponsors don't necessarily have the main goal of advertising through these giveaways. Over the years we have developed a relationship with our sponsors, so they genuinely want to help out and graciously donate to benefit our membership.

Of course we will advertise the fact who is donating and what they're donating to give them more exposure.

In the event someone wins a prize, they love it, and tell all their friends about it, who in turn get to shoot or use it, they may also be buyers down the road. A good example of that is Battle Arms Development Selectors. Someone might win a set who may ordinarily scoff at spending $60-$70 on a safety selector. Once they install their first set, they may end up thinking all 6 of his rifles now need selectors.

In the end, we have great sponsors, who see the value of helping out our membership, so go with the flow.