Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to pretend my wife's a Russian.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    They do not train the way we do. They have different safety rules and use of force levels.

Think about it logically.

If you were in an active shooting situation, you shot people, you were being shot and you had people attempting fight you, hand to hand, having a pistol in your hand, would a round in the ground at their feet not be the best way of getting them to stop doing whatever they are trying to do.
    If I am in an active shooting situation and people are trying to fight me with a pistol in hand I would imagine they have every intent to KILL me. If they just watched me shoot someone and are balsy enough to come at me like that a bullet in them would probably stop them a bit faster and indefinitely.

I too get what you are saying but damn...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DMViergever View Post
    If I am in an active shooting situation and people are trying to fight me with a pistol in hand I would imagine they have every intent to KILL me. If they just watched me shoot someone and are balsy enough to come at me like that a bullet in them would probably stop them a bit faster and indefinitely.

I too get what you are saying but damn...
    I guess the argument could be made: you could be protecting the very people that are shouting and pushing you while shooting at the "other" people.

I have personally incited a food riot (I mean really, how many people can say that!), and needed people to get away. But I certainly didn't want to hurt any of them. But still, shooting at your feet? Yikes.
    Last edited by gatordev; 26 March 2014 at 15:47. Reason: Grammar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I propose we take up a collection and send one lucky member of WEVO to attend and participate in this drill, winner drawn randomly...

Seriously, though, I've heard "anecdotal" accounts of (Don't recall what they're called now) but formerly known as S.E.A.L. Team Six, members going through very dangerously similar kinds of training, and also that SEAL's have been killed in this type of training. True? I don't know, but if it were true, that's when I'd have to consider another occupation. Have heard rumors about Mossad operator's doing some pretty risky training also. Way to hard core for my blood.

I don't know if the Russians are just plain badass, or stupid or both.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said, its just foreign to us since, well, it is actually foreign. We do not train that way, we do not have the same levels of escalation or deescalation and our levels of safety (handling of firearms) make sure we don't muzzle/sweep or even shoot at a direction where someone may possibly ever get hit by a bullet, unless we want them to get hit then we shoot at them.

In my opinion this type of training, for what those alpha guys do is good to go. It is as high speed as you get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Like I said, its just foreign to us since, well, it is actually foreign. We do not train that way, we do not have the same levels of escalation or deescalation and our levels of safety (handling of firearms) make sure we don't muzzle/sweep or even shoot at a direction where someone may possibly ever get hit by a bullet, unless we want them to get hit then we shoot at them.

In my opinion this type of training, for what those alpha guys do is good to go. It is as high speed as you get.
    Yes, I'd say so, voodoo. DEFINETELY alpha guy thing. I guess I can't wrap my head around this type of training, for exactly the reason you stated. It's just totally foreign to us, and goes against the grain of every thing I've ever learned in the military or civilian world. I can certainly see the advantages a guy with this type of training would have in a completely berserk crazy situation, like a terrorist attack in a crowded place, with multiple actors.. etc. Still, it gives me the shivers just thinking about it. You screw up and yourself, or your buddy dies. Hard core training. I just hope some internet "commando's", somewhere, see's this and doesn't, like the title says, try this at home.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely on the last two posts. It is just insane for sure,.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Yes, I'd say so, voodoo. DEFINETELY alpha guy thing. I guess I can't wrap my head around this type of training, for exactly the reason you stated. It's just totally foreign to us, and goes against the grain of every thing I've ever learned in the military or civilian world. I can certainly see the advantages a guy with this type of training would have in a completely berserk crazy situation, like a terrorist attack in a crowded place, with multiple actors.. etc. Still, it gives me the shivers just thinking about it. You screw up and yourself, or your buddy dies. Hard core training. I just hope some internet "commando's", somewhere, see's this and doesn't, like the title says, try this at home.

FT
    Of course someone will try this.

I mean we got guys trying to do CQB up close Defoor style target shooting and end up putting rounds in their thighs. Hell, I've seen people shoot themselves doing drills they shouldn't have done because they just don't have the skill level to do so.