Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Military and Law Enforcement

If you're current or retired Military or Law Enforcement, post in this thread and send me a copy of your creds via PM. Once you do, we'll change your status on the board to LE/MIL.

Not a huge deal, but one of these days we may have an exclusive LE/MIL board to post in.

Just a little thank you to those who have served or are serving.

ETA: You get a larger Mailbox with your LE/MIL service here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me see if I can dig up my 214 to PM you

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You want a pix of an ID, badge or both or an email from my .gov account?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What no love for discharged for a medical reason and honorably? Between this and never winning any of the contest I'm starting to think my Wife runs this forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    What no love for discharged for a medical reason and honorably? Between this and never winning any of the contest I'm starting to think my Wife runs this forum.
    Apparently, it's a conspiracy for no love for GOST

There is no preference on creds. Whatever you have that looks semi-official

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah back when I was in college I decided that I would like to take a 2 week paid vacation during the summer when I wasn't in school. So then I enlisted in the Air National Guards and was to be a Crew Chief at Mcghee Tyson in TN. Passed my physical and the following weekend I blew up my knee playing backyard football. I had a complete ACL tear, complete MCL tear and meniscus tear all on my left knee. I had surgery and got a 100% release from my surgeon. I passed my physical and waited for my date with basic. Shortly there after I was called to the recruiter's office thinking I was getting basic dates, instead there was my NGB Form 22. They told me that they could not take me because of rebuit body parts; on the form it said medical disqualification prior BMT, disharge was honorable, inelgibile for re-enlistment and 9 months and 12 days of service. Funny the Gov still classifies me as a veteran even though I've never even been to basic, I don't consider myself one though. I really wanted the 2 week paid vacation in the summer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sent PM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Yeah back when I was in college I decided that I would like to take a 2 week paid vacation during the summer when I wasn't in school. So then I enlisted in the Air National Guards and was to be a Crew Chief at Mcghee Tyson in TN. Passed my physical and the following weekend I blew up my knee playing backyard football. I had a complete ACL tear, complete MCL tear and meniscus tear all on my left knee. I had surgery and got a 100% release from my surgeon. I passed my physical and waited for my date with basic. Shortly there after I was called to the recruiter's office thinking I was getting basic dates, instead there was my NGB Form 22. They told me that they could not take me because of rebuit body parts; on the form it said medical disqualification prior BMT, disharge was honorable, inelgibile for re-enlistment and 9 months and 12 days of service. Funny the Gov still classifies me as a veteran even though I've never even been to basic, I don't consider myself one though. I really wanted the 2 week paid vacation in the summer.
    Wow, they gave you credit for 9 mos.? I'm not sure, because I came in under the old Viet Nam "Era" (joined after 'Nam in 75) G.I. Bill. But 180 day's good time and an Honorable discharge used to get you full benefits under the G.I. Bill. You ought to check that out. They changed the "G.I. Bill", mostly educational benefits, a few times while I was in, although you were grand fathered to what you had at the time, but the rest stayed the same. You may think you never need them, but you might someday. Especially if you want to do graduate work, start a business, or something.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM sent had to request a new 214. Couldn't find mine in all or boxes from when we moved.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll sign up. Thanks for doing this.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in but it's illegal to duplicate creds. Let me know how to proceed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I'm in but it's illegal to duplicate creds. Let me know how to proceed.
    Just curious, Tact, but since when? I've had to submit copies of my DD 214's to Univerisities (through the local VetRep), prospective employer's, etc.. Is this something new? (could be, I retired in '95). Maybe illegal to duplicate ID card? If this is true, so be it, I'm not crazy about sending, especially via 'net, copies of them, but I've never been told it's illegal to make a copy for a school to claim VA status, or a prospective employer, along with a resume, application, etc..

Thanks,
    FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Just curious, Tact, but since when? I've had to submit copies of my DD 214's to Univerisities (through the local VetRep), prospective employer's, etc.. Is this something new? (could be, I retired in '95). Maybe illegal to duplicate ID card? If this is true, so be it, I'm not crazy about sending, especially via 'net, copies of them, but I've never been told it's illegal to make a copy for a school to claim VA status, or a prospective employer, along with a resume, application, etc..

Thanks,
    FT.
    Credentials, not DD214..... It's different. And yes it's illegal duplicate/copy and government ID.
    Last edited by tact; 18 April 2014 at 15:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post

Thanks,
    FT.
    If he is a FED he isn't legally allowed to copy it. It used to be just for Fed LE, but I believe it is now any federal ID now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My chain told me that not only a photocopy, but even a picture of your military ID is against regulations, and punishable.

PM on the way, Thanks!