Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ruin your gun for only $75!

I've seen some horrifying stuff in my day but this guy actually charges for work like this.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/283540...y-turn-around-

I mean, with a one day turn around, what could possibly go wrong? (and no mention of an FFL to boot) I'm not making fun of his work, I'm lamenting his treatment of his weapon. (and the fact that he considers it professional quality) I stipple, but I by no means consider myself a professional. It's an art form, and I have tremendous respect for those who do it well.
    Seeing that picture makes me die a little inside.

Anybody else have stippling horror stories?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey! Picking on my work on a public forum is rude. This is one of my best pieces!

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a public service announcement about respecting your firearms! Learning to stipple is a long process and everyone has to start somewhere. I just recommend starting on pmags and A2 grips until your skill level gets high enough. But hey, the post includes a picture of the work. If somebody were to like what they see I wouldn't stop them from paying for the service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I stippled my own M&P and I am very happy with it. But I would never offer to stipple anyone else not even for free. I see a ton of people that offer it as a service and I have a ton of respect for you and others that do it. If anyone asks me I say "if you got the guts to do it yourself go for it if not pay someone to do it" . I am not one of those people you pay.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say though, even a stippling job which may not be visually appealing can greatly improve the feel of a weapon. Even if it hurts your eyes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the local shops which has the best reputation for gunsmithing does stipple jobs that look exactly like that. Guy I work had his Glock 34 done there and it is the most horrific thing to fire. I don't even know if wearing gloves would help with.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a guy who could fix your friend's G34. I've got a local guy who does exceptional work on handguns. He's got a bit of a waitlist though. (He's got an FFL and runs a pretty steady operation)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The guy actually loves that hot mess. I've actually seen it bring blood.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    A new kind of "glock knuckle" eh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It actually feels like thumb tacks in your palm.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    They say stippling allows the operator to maintain grip on his weapon even if its covered in blood. It sounds like that job was designed to prove the point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I would have kept that picture of the Glock on Arms list that listed it as a "custom" job. He removed too much material from the trigger guard and it looks like he had to basically remove the entire trigger guard because he boogered it up so bad. Probably one of the worst jobs I've seen on any firearm. I can't believe it sold.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They were trying to make sure that they could choke up as far as possible on the grip.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    They were trying to make sure that they could choke up as far as possible on the grip.
    If your middle finger isn't behind the trigger then you aren't doing it right!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this recently, I have a feeling it might be the gun you are talking about. (If it can in fact still be called a "gun")