Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Unless there's been a change, dealers cannot do fingerprints.
    I don't know if they are doing the prints or not. Maybe you just go scan them in once they are done by someone else. I don't know how the new system will work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless there's been a change, dealers cannot do fingerprints.
    It sounds like it's more of an end-user solution, but the device is located at larger dealers. The end user is still doing the prints, it's just in digital form. I've been curious how that will work as I continue to get SS's emails, but at least they're trying to be pro-active and work with the ATF as 41F approached.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With their rep for kicking back everything but FBI Applicant cards, printed with blue ink, it doesn't sound like it'll get easier to submit prints.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    From ATF's General 41F Questions and Answers page:

Q. May a Federal firearms licensee fingerprint a customer? As an FFL dealer, can we fingerprint our customers?
    A. Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints.”
    Edit: The information on the ATF Form 1, Form 4, and 5320 don't really provide much information about the fingerprints in regards to qualifying "the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints". Instructions from each form are below:

Form 1:
    Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual maker (including any Federally licensed collector who is an individual but not any other type of Federal firearms licensee) must (1) attach to each copy in item 12 of the ATF Form 1, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of his/her frontal view taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
    Form 4:
    Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual transferee, except if licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA, must (1) attach to item 15 of the ATF Form 4, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the frontal view of the transferee taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
    Form 5320:
    Fingerprints: The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and the fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them. No fingerprints are required with the copy of the form sent to the chief law enforcement officer.
    Last edited by DeviantLogic; 13 July 2016 at 08:06. Reason: Form instructions

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohooish.
    Griffin Revo 45 form 3 submitted, passport photos taken. The responsible parties didn't smile, and they look like mug shots. Next are fingerprints this week. I'm really going work the middle finger on the form.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Woohooish.
    Griffin Revo 45 form 3 submitted, passport photos taken. The responsible parties didn't smile, and they look like mug shots. Next are fingerprints this week. I'm really going work the middle finger on the form.
    Once you get all the way through I would like to know how this new procedure really is supposed to work. I am sure other people as they go through it will describe it more... but before I buy anything else I am going to give it a few months so that they can get done with that $2m in a day Silencer Shop order :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohooish.
    I wonder if you can claim to be a pastafarian for your forms
    Name:  nevadalicense.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  119.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 1. Trust. Efile.

Submitted: 2/20
    Approved: 8/8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Filed 01/27/2016 approved 07/30/2016

Stamp arrived at shop on 08/09/2016

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 255
Size:  1.86 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Filed 01/27/2016 approved 07/30/2016

Stamp arrived at shop on 08/09/2016

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 255
Size:  1.86 MB
    Just in time! I like the brake, but I put a plain cap on my Omega to reduce the length. I get first shots today on my .30-06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Gives me hope that March Submissions are around the corner!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just in time! I like the brake, but I put a plain cap on my Omega to reduce the length. I get first shots today on my .30-06.
    That's a Harvester Big bore. Not sure if they even make a flat end cap for those. The Omega is a great can. I wasn't sure the brake did anything until I shot my .300 Winmag with it.

Nice! Gives me hope that March Submissions are around the corner!
    He said he had one that was submitted mid February come in this week. I have some scattered around Feb and March also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My SMOS GFY was approved today. Efile trust.

Submitted for review on 2/20. It was not in their system. I uploaded pics.

Entered official submitted status 3/22.

Approved 9/6.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recce 7 filed 2/10 , stamp arrived 9/6. About a month longer than previous cans.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    F4 submitted 2/8 and approved 8/28. Arrived today. So 7 months. Yay.