Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
That's kind of where my head is at, but in my Googling, I've found that while there's a dB difference, at the shooter's ear (on an AR), it's not noticeable. Probably the biggest thing that had me rethinking this was I was able to slide the Mini onto the end of a Noveske 16" gun in the shop. Now the gun itself was fairly light to begin with, but the feel of the added weight at the end was noticeably less than when I put my 212 on the end of my SR-15 (my lightest 16" gun that has a mount on it).

Of course the much bigger problem is that if I'm worried about weight/mobility/run and gunning, I'm just going to use my fantastically agile 12.5" CA-barreled gun. Other than my MK18, that thing really is just the most fun AR I own.
I forgot to ask you when you originally posted this. How do you like that 12.5" ? I have 1 12.5" upper, but I have yet to shoot it because John Noveske himself put together the upper, which he gave to Stick, and Stick gave it to me as gift, still unfired. After he passed, I wanted to keep it as it was. In true Noveske fashion, I should just shoot the shit out of it, which I probably will. However, I have no other 12.5" to compare it to.